Sign in to follow this  

Kx125 clutch

Just posted a different thread about the same bike but I just picked up an 03 kx125 and the guy said it has whole new clutch plates basket ect but it seems to let out really late is it just out of adjustment or was he lying and I need a new clutch? And is there any way to tell? Also what pre mix ratio should i run for riding in the woods

Just posted a different thread about the same bike but I just picked up an 03 kx125 and the guy said it has whole new clutch plates basket ect but it seems to let out really late is it just out of adjustment or was he lying and I need a new clutch? And is there any way to tell? Also what pre mix ratio should i run for riding in the woods

Seems that the adjustment on the perch needs to be messed with. Try it and see if that helps. If it dosent, take off the left side case cover (stator cover) and check the cable. If thats ok, drain the oil and take off your clutch cover and pull the plates out make sure they are in good shape also check the basket. It should probly take an hour. As for your premix question i ride woods and mix 38:1 but its all about jetting and how hard you ride the thing

OK, me and you are about to fight and I'm gonna hit you in the head with a Pro circuit pipe.... LOL

Go to the FAQ section above and read (i.e. Clutch & Kips thread. You are wanting to study the clutch mic'ing portions).

Also read the new guy thread.

Then, before you start complaining about it running like shit, float levels, can't get it jetted right, etc, etc, etc. Go down a few threads or even maybe on page 2 and find the thread Jeekinz started about a carb swap. I'm about to do this as well but the 125 isn't a priority right now.

carbparts.com sells a kit. and adapter.

OK, me and you are about to fight and I'm gonna hit you in the head with a Pro circuit pipe.... LOL

Go to the FAQ section above and read (i.e. Clutch & Kips thread. You are wanting to study the clutch mic'ing portions).

Also read the new guy thread.

Then, before you start complaining about it running like shit, float levels, can't get it jetted right, etc, etc, etc. Go down a few threads or even maybe on page 2 and find the thread Jeekinz started about a carb swap. I'm about to do this as well but the 125 isn't a priority right now.

carbparts.com sells a kit. and adapter.

Are u mad at me? Just clarifying

NAh, not yet. Just screwin with ya. But either way.....please read the stickies. There's a plethora of knowledge there if you just read them. More reading, less typing and you'll be much smarter next time you pick up a wrench.