Sign in to follow this  

2004 Yfz450

My brother and I just completely gutted his four-wheeler. Whole new motor- crank, piston, timing chain, bearings, seals, gaskets. Got the frame powder coated, which means it was at bare frame. We got it all back together and and now it won't start, turns over and over but won't fire! Wiring was triple checked, timing was checked, has spark, gas is getting to the plug, has gas in the tank, gas was on! We are clueless an don't know what it would be! Anyone have any idea for me?

Thanks!

New plug? I know this may seem stupid but I've known guys who have rebuilt motors and used their old plug.

Key? Can you describe to me what and where that is? Thanks

take off the stator cover, take off the flywheel and spin the crank if there's a small little price that's like an inch Long and half a centimeter wide. It'll be on the little price of the crank that sticks out of the cases.

Also does anyone have a oil reference for a yfz 450?? It is a 2004, we are currently running yamalube 10w 40? It that too thin of a oil? I heard yamalube 20w 50 was a better oil?

Also does anyone have a oil reference for a yfz 450?? It is a 2004, we are currently running yamalube 10w 40? It that too thin of a oil? I heard yamalube 20w 50 was a better oil?

I run 20w 50 in my 450 and my 350. And hey no problem! I've been there and done that! Did you get her to start up?

Yeah, she started up after I put that key in! The idle needs adjusted or something, it won't idle at all! You have to be on the throttle at all times or it will die?

sounds like idle to me! Fix it a d run that hog!