Compression test 2006 TE610

I have a friend with a 2006 610.  Started easily prior to washing with a powerwasher.  Now nothing.  Another friend removed the plug because there was water in the well.  He doesn't knoiw if water went into the cylinder or not.  One way or the other - no starty.

I'd like to start with simple troubleshooting - gas, spark, compression.

A quick look showed a weak (yellow) spark at the plug.  Replacement of the plug yielded the same result.  I was hoping for blue but at least there's a spark.  Where do I test the coil output and what should I measure?

We drained the gas out of the tank and float bowl so I don't think that's an issue.

Like to do a compression test.  I know the readings are funky due to the auto compression release.  Still there must be a "must see at least xxxx psi with throttle wide open" number.  He doesn't have a manual and I've been unable to find a number for him.  Anybody have that number handy?

My worst fear is that water went into the cylinder when they removed the plug and subsequent cranking bent a valve stem.

Lil help?

Edited by dukesilver

I have a friend with a 2006 610.  Started easily prior to washing with a powerwasher.  Now nothing.  Another friend removed the plug because there was water in the well.  He doesn't knoiw if water went into the cylinder or not.  One way or the other - no starty.

I'd like to start with simple troubleshooting - gas, spark, compression.

A quick look showed a weak (yellow) spark at the plug.  Replacement of the plug yielded the same result.  I was hoping for blue but at least there's a spark.  Where do I test the coil output and what should I measure?

We drained the gas out of the tank and float bowl so I don't think that's an issue.

Like to do a compression test.  I know the readings are funky due to the auto compression release.  Still there must be a "must see at least xxxx psi with throttle wide open" number.  He doesn't have a manual and I've been unable to find a number for him.  Anybody have that number handy?

My worst fear is that water went into the cylinder when they removed the plug and subsequent cranking bent a valve stem.

Lil help?

hi ,

more likely water in the electrics weakening the spark,

pull connectors for the handlebar switches,

dry and spray connections,

then test spark again,

if no go ask uptite george,

Charlie

Thanks - we can try drying the connectors.

Still looking for acceptable compression results with ACR.

Thanks - we can try drying the connectors.

Still looking for acceptable compression results with ACR.

again -  try Uptite George.