Sign in to follow this  

What dual sport?

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a dual sport bike in the near future and I don't know what to get. I just sold my crf 230 and I have about 1600 to spend on a bike. My problem is that I need something cheap, reliable and something that I'm not going to be bored with too quickly. I plan on doing pretty much all trail riding and maybe some enduros in the future so I'm looking for basically a dirt bike with a plate. Any suggestions on what to get are much appreciated, thanks!

that is a way tight budget for a late model plated dirtbike. 1600 should get you into a nice used dr 250, 350. A xr 250 L.

Basically factory street legal trail bikes over ten yrs old. You could race them, but they are not race bikes.

You may even get lucky and find a good DRZ 400 for that money. I have a plated xr 400, its a great bike and could be raced, but I don think you will find one for your budget. Planted WR 450 and CRF 450's are out there but a good one will be twice your budget, and reliability would be a concern. Another option is to find a plated KDX 220.

If you want to plate it, make sure it has a proper title before you buy and it in your hand signed buy the previous registered owner. Don't fall for, there is no title but you can get one, or my uncle has the title we just have to get it from him bs...

good luck.

that is a way tight budget for a late model plated dirtbike. 1600 should get you into a nice used dr 250, 350. A xr 250 L.

Basically factory street legal trail bikes over ten yrs old. You could race them, but they are not race bikes.

You may even get lucky and find a good DRZ 400 for that money. I have a plated xr 400, its a great bike and could be raced, but I don think you will find one for your budget. Planted WR 450 and CRF 450's are out there but a good one will be twice your budget, and reliability would be a concern. Another option is to find a plated KDX 220.

If you want to plate it, make sure it has a proper title before you buy and it in your hand signed buy the previous registered owner. Don't fall for, there is no title but you can get one, or my uncle has the title we just have to get it from him bs...

good luck.

I was thinking about a kdx, r they ok on the street? How fuel range also?

How big are you?

5'8 about 170

that is a way tight budget for a late model plated dirtbike. 1600 should get you into a nice used dr 250, 350. A xr 250 L.Basically factory street legal trail bikes over ten yrs old. You could race them, but they are not race bikes.You may even get lucky and find a good DRZ 400 for that money. I have a plated xr 400, its a great bike and could be raced, but I don think you will find one for your budget. Planted WR 450 and CRF 450's are out there but a good one will be twice your budget, and reliability would be a concern. Another option is to find a plated KDX 220.If you want to plate it, make sure it has a proper title before you buy and it in your hand signed buy the previous registered owner. Don't fall for, there is no title but you can get one, or my uncle has the title we just have to get it from him bs...good luck.

+1

Check your local laws before buying an off road bike to be plated. I've heard it's not so easy in PA. It varies greatly state to state.

KDX would not be great on the street, but neither would any other plated dirt bike.  A used KDX would be cheaper to maintain and fix then  used late model four stroke.

Race bikes and " budget" don't go together well.  If riding is more important then racing, go with a air cooled four stroke.

seriously, did you look at it? Gorgeously clean and with a Scotts stabilizer for 2K. A little more but the stabilizer costs more and would be a very nice upgrade if you are going to enter comps.   Hell, I'm tempted to buy it.