Sign in to follow this  

Best helmet for CRF250L!?

Hey guys what helmet are you choosing for the crf250l? Been debating between a few.. I personally really like the look of the Icon Variant but cannot decide which color. 

Black

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/905/27995/ITEM/Icon-Variant-Helmet.aspx

Red

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/905/27994/ITEM/Icon-Variant-Etched-Helmet.aspx

I think the red looks nice but it may be a little much. What other helmets do you guys recommend?

White helmets show up in traffic better than other colors --the flip (opening) front ones are nice when talking to someone else --no need to take them off and go over glasses--Get DOT approved helmet for sure--personally i have a flip front Noland one button so you only need one hand to open is best BTW--

• Like 1

There is a good/wrong, best helmet?

We are getting hard up for topics! Can I use the same for my other bike or do I have to get a different one?

• Like 3

Hey guys what helmet are you choosing for the crf250l? Been debating between a few.. I personally really like the look of the Icon Variant but cannot decide which color. 

Black

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/905/27995/ITEM/Icon-Variant-Helmet.aspx

Red

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/905/27994/ITEM/Icon-Variant-Etched-Helmet.aspx

I think the red looks nice but it may be a little much. What other helmets do you guys recommend?

That Icon looks nice, color is really a personal preference.

I have a Fly Trekker and Arai XD4 now, like em both but the Arai is way more comfy and quieter all around. Both of mine are white.

• Like 1

Black

Red

Are we putting helmets on our bikes now, I thought WE wear them not the bike? I have to start catching up on the trends.

• Like 3

Just ordered XD4 this morning, will have it by the weekend, diamanté red, still has lots of white for visibility

• Like 2

this thread getting trolled badly.  :D 

i want the Icon Variant Hi-Viz green-yellow.  going by the pics i've seen, the red one doesn't match the Honda red. and it's got skullz, so....overdone. And so inauspicious. 

• Like 1

I wish I would have did my homework before buying this one ....  it's not too bad but my Fly moto helmet is twice as comfortable

But I wanted the face shield for added warmth ...  :excuseme:  I would hate to shell out the cash for another one  :banghead:

gmax-gm11d-dual-sport-helmet.jpg

• Like 4

One hornet thru the opening it ruins the whole day--Been there done that!!!

Damn strait!

Wound up in the ER- stung me in my throat, and I'm allergic!  :eek:

Edited by turnbuckle
  • Like 3

Damn strait!

Wound up in the ER- stung me in my throat, and I'm allergic!  :eek:

Bet you wear a full face helmet with a shield when you ride if there is no windshield like i do now also :thumbsup:  :ride:  :prof:  :cheers: 

• Like 1

so far ... the worst that has happened to me was getting thumped by a small bird .... It felt like I got hit by a deer or something .. somehow I managed to hold on and slow the bike down to the side of the road and could barely catch my breath ... at the time I was going about 70 mph on a 2004 Victory KingPin. I did see the bird as it struck me ... It was either a very small sparrow or Robin ... maybe even a finch. My bikers buddies at the time could not understand what happened to me as nobody actually saw it happen.

I now brake for birds ...  :p

• Like 3