Women who have risen Desert Euro Scramble? Which bike to ride?

California

Hello, I am wondering if any women have ridden a desert euro scramble and what they think of it. I am wanting to ride the District 37 Shamrocks slasher x coming up. I have been riding for a while but nervous to race by myself. Also I have a ktm 200exc and a Honda 230. Which one do you think I should ride out there? Any help would be great!

*riden

Whatever you feel most comfortable on

Hello, I am wondering if any women have ridden a desert euro scramble and what they think of it. I am wanting to ride the District 37 Shamrocks slasher x coming up. I have been riding for a while but nervous to race by myself. Also I have a ktm 200exc and a Honda 230. Which one do you think I should ride out there? Any help would be great!

Like Tom said, what you feel most comfortable on, but I would thing the 200 would be better suited, but you would know what works for you, a Euro scramble will be fun, Its fairly short (about an hour) so its a good way to get started.

Thanks. I guess what I am worried about on the KTM is that there is no electric start. I am 5'3" and well the dead starts intimidate me. Then there is the 230 which I am worried there won't be enough power.

Thanks. I guess what I am worried about on the KTM is that there is no electric start. I am 5'3" and well the dead starts intimidate me. Then there is the 230 which I am worried there won't be enough power.

Well if thats your concern ride the 230.  Fast enough is relative, go into your first race just trying to finish, not to win, it will be a better experience overall, dont be concerned about fast enough yet.  Just slow and steady at your comfortable pace.

I am only 5'6" so not real tall myself, I cut my subframes and my seat foam to help with that.  

Just remember to have fun, bring the bike that intimidates you less, and use this race as a "feeler" of sorts just to familiarize yourself with the whole event.  Try and stay out of the dust so you can see where your going. 

You can bring a stand with you to line unless something has changed recently. A Euro is a cool way to see if you like it. If you are  competitive (which I am guessing you are) use the 200. I hear you on the estart issue, it really takes a lot out of you to kick a bike especially in the heat of battle. Maybe sign up for one with 230 then if you liked it sign up for another race and use the 200 :excuseme:

Raise up from a Euro?

@speed-freek yes! I know, I need to remember to have fun and ride. Geez! So easily forgotten! I guess I worry I might not be a good enough rider.

@jfgjr actually riding the 230 would ease me in and then I could do a second with the 200 hmmmm....I kind of like that idea.

Most of the novice ladies are on 125-250 2 strokes and 250 4 strokes.

200 prob better you can use a bike stand at the start line to start it....but what if you stall mid race?

What race u referring too?

Ride the 230 to start. Just go out and have a good time.

Most of the novice ladies are on 125-250 2 strokes and 250 4 strokes.

200 prob better you can use a bike stand at the start line to start it....but what if you stall mid race?

Oh I can start it. Just when I am full of nerves I know I won't be able to at a dead start race! I have been on this bike since it was new (2003) and I love it. I guess I am second guessing myself because I will be by myself. Never have had to watch for ribbon while I ride.

Oh I can start it. Just when I am full of nerves I know I won't be able to at a dead start race! I have been on this bike since it was new (2003) and I love it. I guess I am second guessing myself because I will be by myself. Never have had to watch for ribbon while I ride.

Euros arent too intimidating for a first race. Much smaller start line...not as much dust. Just relax...take off when the bike starts. Ive started dead last a few times you just have to pick a few more people off no big deal.   Once the bike starts the ktm 200 much better of the two for a race bike  :thumbsup:

Yup that would be the one! Went to California City this last weekend...but didn't race it.

Unless you like flat and fast...you didnt miss out on too much.  Shamrocks should be a fun weekend.

The 200 is lighter and and a way better dance partner. Practice some dead starts till your comfy with the 200.

You won't be by yourself. You will have tons of awesome like-minded people all around you who will want you to succeed.

Everyone here is so awesome! Thanks!