My bike (some pics)

Just thought i would document my work on my bike as its my first husqvarna. So I bought my 2000 sm610 for £900. It hasn't been started in 3 years and has been sitting with petrol in it, I got it yesterday like this ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378726573.238029.jpg

So today I decided to strip down the carb and drain the fuel tank ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378726649.436333.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378726662.752701.jpg

The battery had 0.7v left in it so iv put it on a long slow charge ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378726786.585212.jpg

Next I'm going to check the cam chain tension n decide if it's worth fitting a new one. Anything else I should do when I'm that far? Also should I fit new jets to the carb wile its stripped down?

Hi John,

congrats on the new bike !,

carb should be fine with an ultrasonic clean,

these bikes NEED a good battery, so you may struggle there - I DON'T recommend using the kickstart regularly - they were only fitted for @ 18 months then dropped from production.

is your speedo in Miles or KMS - LOTS of Parallel euro imports ( that's how I bought mine)

beware leaky fuel tap ( wiring for low-fuel light switch),

basic MX taps fit  the same + are dry,

Cam-chain tensioners can be a PIA, as with te DRZ's similar ACCT.!,

I did high speed commuting ( 70+ every day), and got through chains regularly,

supposedly an oil -specific issue , the 2005 on bikes had a revised set-up,

ask me for parts if you need owt, as I've still got a few new + used,

Charlie

any husky fuel tap from 1995 to 2005 will be correct part,

ebay is a good place to start,

get the bike running properly then check the tensioner is working,

chain job is @£400 all in so not samll change..!!,

don't think KMH is a problem,

I've got a speedo if you might want to swap it,

Charlie

any husky fuel tap from 1995 to 2005 will be correct part,

ebay is a good place to start,

get the bike running properly then check the tensioner is working,

chain job is @£400 all in so not samll change..!!,

don't think KMH is a problem,

I've got a speedo if you might want to swap it,

Charlie

is £400 parts and labour? What miles is on your speedo?

Didn't do much today, partially rebuilt the carb as I'm waiting on a couple of o rings. Took the speedo apart so I could get a mate who makes signs to make me a sticker with mph and kmh on it. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378850916.336930.jpg getting it back tomorrow and getting a new battery too. I can't wait to get this thing running.

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379594873.209953.jpg📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379594902.976914.jpg bike rebuilt ready for starting but with all the mucking about the battery was too low to start. :-( also got new mirrors. :-)

looking good !,

make sure the battery is full - as it will need to be good,

it IS possible to jump across from a running vehicle - BUT it needs to be a LARGE battery on it,

Charlie

Brand new fully charged battery on it. Tried starting n no go no fuel going through. Checked float height it was ok. But still not opening the Venturi valve to let fuel through. &%$#@!ed about for about an hour then realised the floats where in upside down. Doh! Lol flipped the floats over rebuilt n vroom vroom away she went, still need some fine tuning. Anyone know how far out the idle screw should be? Isn't the mixture screw 1.5 turns out?