fork compression adjustment broke

well this has got to be one of the dumbest things done in my garage in awhile. thought  i would set up my suspension on my 14 yz 450.  turned the compression adjuster to far clockwise and now it will not back out again. can turn the adjuster a hundred times and get no adjustment. as i have never done anything with suspension before what would i be looking at for fixing/replacing on the fork. i dont imagine any one else has done this. atleast a valuable lesson has been learned, do not touch your bike after to many beers. :foul:  if anyone has any info on where to start please let me know as i have been hitting my head ever since. :banghead:  thanks.  

I have no idea what you think you actually did to the adjuster to break it, but it's a '14, and should still be covered by the warranty.  Try running it back to the dealer and see what help they can be.  There's no reason that running it all the way in should cause the problem UNLESS....you ran it down so tight that it jammed the needle into the seat and wedged there.

In that case, you may be able to remove the cap/adjuster assembly from the valve stem/spring guide, back the adjuster screw well out, and free up the adjusting needle carefully. 

The other possibility is that it stripped the threads in the cap, in which case you'll need it replaced.

If all else fails, SMART Performance or Suspension Direct can sell you just the cap/adjuster separately.

dont think the dealer is going to be much help. i think the bike only cam with 30 day warranty an im over that. i turned the compression adjuster all the way clockwise and it only turned 8 clicks an for some reason i thought it was supposed to get 10 clicks well i forced it after 8 which wasnt a good idea. this is my first experience with suspension so im pretty green in this area. any chance that the screw broke off the adjuster? thanks grayracer always a big help. 

i turned the compression adjuster all the way clockwise and it only turned 8 clicks an for some reason i thought it was supposed to get 10 clicks well i forced it after 8 which wasnt a good idea.

Regardless of where they're supposed to be, they are wherever they are.  Like the pilot screw on the carb, only turn it as far as it takes to  "just bottom" the screw. 

Regardless of where they're supposed to be, they are wherever they are.  Like the pilot screw on the carb, only turn it as far as it takes to  "just bottom" the screw. 

yeah, fully aware of that now lol. if i turn the adjuster counter clockwise it can turn a hundred times now without making any adjustment or backing out. so does this mean that the threads are gone, or broke the pieve entirely. kind of confused. just want a basic understanding before i pull it all apart this week.