Sign in to follow this  

Yoshi PIM 2 in a 2014 CRF

So iv got a 2010 CRF250R and iv just ordered myself the 2014. Does anyone know if the Yoshi PIM 2 box will work in the 2014 or is it a different design or something?

They revamped the EFI programming so I would be surprised if it works, but if it's a stand-alone unit perhaps it will.

I have no idea, but I bet they would know. Give 'em a holla

Edited by Eddie8v

So iv got a 2010 CRF250R and iv just ordered myself the 2014. Does anyone know if the Yoshi PIM 2 box will work in the 2014 or is it a different design or something?

What is the PIM2?

Is it an add on or is it an ECU replacement.

Never held one in my hand.

If its a replacement it probably won't work. If its anything like the new 450's the older model ECU's are not interchangeable with the 2013's

But since you'll soon have both bikes you can tell us all...

Not sure of it's the same physical ECU but it surely has different programming, at least, so it will have a different part number. Because the ECU fires the injector every crank revolution, now, I would think the PIM would at least need new logic/software, itself.

Like Eddie said, call Yoshimura and they would know. If it doesn't work they should be able to reprogram if so it would work. For a small fee of course.

I think it will plug in, since it connects to each of the sensors and injectors independently, and not to the ECU.

Probably will need new software.

What's the deal with firing the injector twice?

Edited by mudguy