Sign in to follow this  

Easy/ free wake up mods?

I have been doing a little research on here and haven't found much. I'm very green to my 06 yz250f and would like to know some of the better and not so known mods that I can to do get a little better performance out of my bike. I am a woods rider and spend a lot of my time in tight trails seldom leaving second gear. As I get faster I'm sure I will be out of 2 and into 3 a bit more but I would like to see what's out there as far as easy cheap or free mods go. Thanks for any help. Also I'm about to do a 269 big bore kit.

1) Put the bike in 100% perfect order if it already is not, including all chassis bearings and seals..

2) Read-up on suspension and set it up for yourself.

• Like 1

1) Put the bike in 100% perfect order if it already is not, including all chassis bearings and seals..

2) Read-up on suspension and set it up for yourself.

Bike right now is less then 100% I put a hole in the oil tank and ran it out of oil. I ordered a cylinder works 269cc kit and it should be here this week I hope. 

Suspention is full race tech and set up for me and I love it. Front might be alittle light on rebound but i can fix that with a few clicks. Great suggestions thanks!

I'm in the same boat you are - new to dirtbikes in the woods on a YZ250F.  Here are a couple things I have done.

1. Kick stand.  so worth the $100.

2. Turkey baster mod.  (google it)

3. Hand guards.

4. Hour meter.

5. Set suspension sag correctly.

Things to come shortly

1. One tooth smaller front sprocket

2. Heavier flywheel or Recluse clutch

3. Better skid plate

I'm in the same boat you are - new to dirtbikes in the woods on a YZ250F. Here are a couple things I have done.

1. Kick stand. so worth the $100.

2. Turkey baster mod. (google it)

3. Hand guards.

4. Hour meter.

5. Set suspension sag correctly.

Things to come shortly

1. One tooth smaller front sprocket

2. Heavier flywheel or Recluse clutch

3. Better skid plate

What gearing are you running? Kickstand is in my future for sure.

Flywheel is a possibility, to keep the bike from stalling so easy right?

Just installed bark busters.

I have an hour meter but I'm going to replace it when I do the kit.

Skid plate is on the way as well as a Cylinder Works 269 kit.

A kickstand is great. Put one on my 250. But the best mod I've ever done was a rekluse. It is PERFECT for woods racing. Mud? No problem. Rocky hill? Cake. It is literally worth it's weight in gold. I am a back of the pack B rider, and almost every race I've done since the install I've yet to get stuck on a hill (that wasn't a result of my stupidity). It hooks up and modulates better than I ever could with a regular clutch.

Plus when I ride moto tracks I can use it as a normal clutch just fine.

What gearing are you running? Kickstand is in my future for sure.

Flywheel is a possibility, to keep the bike from stalling so easy right?

Just installed bark busters.

I have an hour meter but I'm going to replace it when I do the kit.

Skid plate is on the way as well as a Cylinder Works 269 kit.

I have the stock gearing and like you, rarely get into 4th.

The flywheel will keep it from stalling so easy and make it easier to start.  I think the new clutch would work better but probably costs more.

A kickstand is great. Put one on my 250. But the best mod I've ever done was a rekluse. It is PERFECT for woods racing. Mud? No problem. Rocky hill? Cake. It is literally worth it's weight in gold. I am a back of the pack B rider, and almost every race I've done since the install I've yet to get stuck on a hill (that wasn't a result of my stupidity). It hooks up and modulates better than I ever could with a regular clutch.

Plus when I ride moto tracks I can use it as a normal clutch just fine.

Can you show me exactly which clutch I would need to do the same thing you did?  I look online and there are several kits and set ups.

Thanks!

I got the EXP CORE 2.0. Don't ask how to set it up, as I bought mine used and was perfectly set up already. Rekluse has great customer service, and can help you with anything you'd need. And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THE DIRECTIONS!!! For once in the existence of directions, it is necessary to read them for the Rekluse. I burnt up a set of clutch plates because I forgot to adjust the clutch cable tension properly.