Sign in to follow this  

SouthCarolina SETRA KCE Ranch HS by GERA and Mideast HS Series

Greenville Enduro Riders is co-sanctioning a SETRA HS with the Mideast Series that runs in NC/SC. The race is on September 29th at the KC E Ranch in Marietta, SC just north of Greenville, SC. The flyer is being worked as I type this and should be on the SETRA schedule page shortly. In the meantime, here is a link from the Mideast website schedule:

http://mideastracing.com/

This is a new location and should be a great event. Note that the directions given on this site only work if you are traveling west from NC and I personally believe are a little sketchy and kind of bring you in the back door. If you are traveling from the south thru Greenville/Travelers Rest, SC you will want to follow 25/ White Horse RD or 276 until the two merge and then split again about 200 yds later near Furman University/Travelers Rest. You will want to stay left on 276 at this point until you reach the metropolis of Marietta. Turn left on 288/Pumpkin Town Rd. at the Sphinx Gas/Burger King. This road later changes names to Table Rock Rd. The address is 388 Table Rock Rd. and can be found on googlemaps.com.

GA folks can come to Greenville via I-85 or an alternate more scenic route is first exit in SC on Hwy. 11. Hwy. 11 is good straight, 2 lane road - you make your own personal call on this!

If you are traveling south from western NC, avoid 178 from Rosman, NC to Pickens, SC.
It has been blocked for the last 6 weeks or so due to a landslide and will take you on a nasty detour that is not trailer or motorhome friendly and WILL leave you lost for days if not from that area as I am. Best to stick with 25 from Hendersonville.

Closest hotels are in Travelers Rest 11-12 miles from the race- Hampton Inn and Sleep Inn.

Now that everyone is lost - remember googlemaps

Edited by grayfox

Okay gang, listen up! icon_e_geek.gif This is shaping up to be the HS of the year! 7 miles of virgin trail, plenty of parking, beautiful mountain weather. We had a steady rain for much of yesterday, mid 70's the rest of the week combined with new trail make for no dust and a mud free ride! The guys working the trail say the view from the top of the mountain is worth giving up a few spots just to check it out. No SETRA or AMA membership required. See you there! applause.gif
Greenville Enduro Riders Assoc. and Mideast Racing thank you for your support!