Sign in to follow this  

2006 crf250r Valve Problems?

I am considering trading my 2008 crf 150rb for a 2006 crf 250r with a long list of mods. I was doing my research and saw that the 06's had valve issues. But you can google just about any bike and find people saying they have a ton of problems with them.

Im trying to get the opinions of people who have actually owned or had experience with this bike. It looks badass I would love to own it. I just dont want to get a bike that's gonna be a headache.

In 06 the valve seat material was changed for the better in these bikes, and they did get a little better life out of them. Infancies on little. If you do get the bike and it is time for a top end i would go with stainless steel valves. these last way longer on the stock seats that the OEM valves did. If you need andy help with that just check out bigborethumpers.com.

In 06 the valve seat material was changed for the better in these bikes, and they did get a little better life out of them. Infancies on little. If you do get the bike and it is time for a top end i would go with stainless steel valves. these last way longer on the stock seats that the OEM valves did. If you need andy help with that just check out bigborethumpers.com.

"Emphasis", not "infancies"...