Stock grips

So....my bike just hit the year mark.   Usually by this point I have gone through a half dozen sets of grips on a bike.

At the risk of sounding like a sally girl I will tell you all that I am still running the stock grips.   Holy $hit you say!!

How the heck could they have gone over 50 hours?!   Obviously I am unable to ride 3 times a week like I used to...I am busy chasing the kids around.  I am also a decent rider and do not crash and shred grips once a week like I did when I was on 2strokes back in the day.  The worst they have seen is a couple low sides while railing corners.

However...these things held up great.   They are really  worn down and due for a change now but man they held up.  I have had a set of Renthal Kevlars in waiting but just haven't had the heart to peel these off.

Carry on :rolleyes:

P.S.  I have mentioned this before but I will say it again....This is also the first bike that I have not automatically put my PT Windham bars on before rolling it out of the garage.  I figured perhaps the bar they chose compliments the chassis and I should try to adjust.

I am pleased to say I have become very comfortable with the stockers this past year...even though I am a bit taller at 6'1". 

Wow I'm impressed, hopefully they come off easier now but I doubt it lol. I love renthal full diamond soft, the kevlars and the pillow tops. The stock bars are great but maybe a little bit to much sweep for me, thank rc4 for that. Pretty good that you can just jump on it stock and love it for so long.

Haha....indeed. I was a bit concerned with the sweep as well but I guess I got used to it... Definitely the easiest bike to just jump on. When I got it I threw on black stx rims...because I like it to look pretty....the EXP clutch and the exhaust. Started with a yosh and ended with a

FMF 4.1. I didn't need any of these things to ride it.....they only added to it. The only thing that was essential for me was the suspension. These bikes are fantastic.

I basically tell people buy the bike, tune the forks and ditch the x ring. $500 is all you need for a shock setup grip donuts and a skid plate. Funny how my last bike a KTM came with the mist trickery but I spent thousands on it.

I don't know:blink:

I agree with everything you said. Usually there is quite a bit of set up involved when I buy a new bike. At 6'4 225 I feel right at home on this bike. The only thing that had to be done immediately was suspension. Have a Yosh exhaust and PIM 2 on the way but that is not necessary as you said... just wanna enhance the bike a little. I also usually swap out the stock bars for my Renthal Windham bend, I dont have 50 hours on my bike yet but I am getting very comfortable on this bike faster than I have on any other bike. The RMZ is really good in stock form! Unfortunately I need to change my grips since I trashed them in a crash.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/mikerides33/1378770960.jpg

I haven't uploaded a pic in a long time.   How do you do it and get the actual pic here like you guys do.   I am not good with this...it was simple before but I am missing something. 

Edited by mikerides33

LInk doesn't work... just post it straight from your computer. Its easier that way now.

Click the more reply option, then click choose file, and then click attach file. You don't have to use a photo sharing site anymore. Its actually easier IMO. 

That 'Zook is sweet Mike!

LInk doesn't work... just post it straight from your computer. Its easier that way now.

Click the more reply option, then click choose file, and then click attach file. You don't have to use a photo sharing site anymore. Its actually easier IMO. 

ok gotcha..thanks Dubb :thumbsup:

That 'Zook is sweet Mike!

Thanks man.  Keeping it simple!  I think she will need some fresh plastic and graphics next season though :ride:

That is awesome. Modern technology

1378779041139.jpg

best bike to jump on and ride.  next one is just going to be straight stock other than suspension.  i thought i was going to ride more woods but its just not the same as the 350 in that department.  on the track it is so predictable and the power fits the handling.  i will race it on a 24 hour in a month well see!  mike you sold me on this thing after our 350 struggles and im glad i followed. 

ill play too.  i run the q4 on the backyard track and swap out to the 4.1 for the public ones.

rmz.JPG

Edited by eotrampman

Peg height on the 350 was higher that's why bars didn't work for me