Sign in to follow this  

Newbies and non mechanical types.

Please read. 

Ok thumper talk friends and fam. I am noticing more and more on your forums of people that are new to bikes or crfs in general are getting taken advantage of by the local shop and or mechanic. And don't get me wrong I am not categorizing all local shops. I know lots of honest mom and pop shops out there. Just kills me to here of someone with no mechanical knowledge get took. So here it is guys. (661) 256-7309. Please call and ask for Jeff with any questions about your crf. I have owned one for 8 years now and know a bit about them, but if you stump me I will ask around and we can get it figured out before you take it to the shop for a little ease at mind. And we cam put the word out for a good shop in your area. 

And I ask all knowledgeable people that are willing to help a fellow rider to post there # so that we will not here of some poor dude shelling out a bunch of money to not fix the problem. 

Please help if you can.

Thanks Jeff @ Bigborethumpers.com

• Like 2

As far as "local" work. It seem like ppl are better off finding a racer/ex racer that has excessive knowledge with the same type of machine they have. Someone that works a 9-5 outside of the industry that just does it for the love of it. These guys in some of these jobs hate their jobs and it shows in their work. They do it for a paycheck and most of them havent been out on the dirt and seen this stuff happen first hand. Ive been the go to guy on 450 hondas in my area for years. I owned one of the first TRX450Rs in the area and had new built race quads every year up until wife and kids come along. My phone still rings off the hook for ppl asking questions because they got my number from "so and so" .

• Like 1

Please read. 

Ok thumper talk friends and fam. I am noticing more and more on your forums of people that are new to bikes or crfs in general are getting taken advantage of by the local shop and or mechanic. And don't get me wrong I am not categorizing all local shops. I know lots of honest mom and pop shops out there. Just kills me to here of someone with no mechanical knowledge get took. So here it is guys. (661) 256-7309. Please call and ask for Jeff with any questions about your crf. I have owned one for 8 years now and know a bit about them, but if you stump me I will ask around and we can get it figured out before you take it to the shop for a little ease at mind. And we cam put the word out for a good shop in your area. 

And I ask all knowledgeable people that are willing to help a fellow rider to post there # so that we will not here of some poor dude shelling out a bunch of money to not fix the problem. 

Please help if you can.

Thanks Jeff @ Bigborethumpers.com

Do you own Bigbore thumpers?

Are you a machinist?

American Performance Engineering. Known for our street bike parts and some of the worlds fastest motorcycles. You can check out that web site at aperaceparts.com. 

I've had headwork from a bunch of local shops and APE.  APE racing was definitely better in fit finish, overall knowledge, and have a proven record on building race and high power engines. I would use them again in a heartbeat over any of the local shops( AS racing, factory MX....).  Well worth the extra drive time to go into Rosamond.  

Realistically they make all other shops seem like preschoolers compared to them

• Like 1