valve adjustment cover, what size?

What size metric socket do I need to remove this to adjust my valves? Thanks fellas...

You mean the two rocker covers..if so 10mm..If it's the entire cover,,10,,12 and maybe an 8..If the nuts on the actual rockers so you can adjust them,,12mm spanner/socket end and a screwdriver,,Socket type things no good for them as you can't get the screwdriver through the top to turn the adjustor..Don't use any open ended spanners,,they strip the heads on the bolts if the things are overtight,,socket type ended spanners the best where a full socket and ratchet set up won't work...

Edited by Horri

I am assuming you actually mean the 4 covers - one for each adjuster - on the rocker cover - if so it's 24mm

I am assuming you actually mean the 4 covers - one for each adjuster - on the rocker cover - if so it's 24mm

Good point..I have mine wrong,,Thinking old 82 and before XL/XR.. :banghead:..to early not enough coffee or fags..

Edited by Horri

Yes indeed...24mm...thanks!