Sign in to follow this  

'13 450 SX-F - Chain Tension/Slack?

Greetings all!

So, I recently picked up a new '13 450 SX-F and was going through the manual.  It states that the chain tension/slack should be between 55-58mm (2.17-2.28 inches).  Do you guys run it like that or a little tighter?  It just seems like a lot of slack from my previous bikes, however it's my first KTM.

Thoughts?

Mike

Gilbert, AZ

'13 KTM 450 SX-F

Greetings all!

So, I recently picked up a new '13 450 SX-F and was going through the manual. It states that the chain tension/slack should be between 55-58mm (2.17-2.28 inches). Do you guys run it like that or a little tighter? It just seems like a lot of slack from my previous bikes, however it's my first KTM.

Thoughts?

Mike

Gilbert, AZ

'13 KTM 450 SX-F

I run mine at 2.250" for 30 hours now and haven't had any issues. I am getting great wear out of the oem stuff.

@Kevkev22 - Thanks!  I'll leave it alone and keep it within specs then.  I appreciate the quick response.

Where the chain slide fastens to the top of the swing arm about 100mm back from the counter sprocket , place the bike on a stand & allow 3 fingers of slack. It sounds a bit excessive compared to other bikes but it works.