Sign in to follow this  

California suggestions for a beginner to competitive riding- norcal

I'm a novice rider I'd guess and am looking to get into the competitive side of the sport. Not so much mx , but enduro and harescrambles. Just looking for guidance to a good place to start and what is needed or recommended for prep. What would be a good race for a starter in the norcal area?

Go to AMA-D36.org. Find the harescramble you want to go to and sign up. Oct is the first of the fall series.

I did look at that before making the thread....how about is there a specific event that I can get a taste of how it will be without kicking my ass so bad. Or should i quit being a puss and do whichever one I can get to.

I did look at that before making the thread....how about is there a specific event that I can get a taste of how it will be without kicking my ass so bad. Or should i quit being a puss and do whichever one I can get to.

Just show up and do it!

Wild Horse is the end of this month...

The one coming up is at Metcalf OHV park. Its not as tough as some of the others but isnt "easy" per say. Just show up and do it! They are a blast and a great environment as well. Just set your goal for finishing for the first race and go from there. Like i said they are a blast!! Seeya out there

Bearfoot family enduro at Stoneyford in November is a great way to break into enduros. Put on by the Richmond Ramblers.

Apprx 65ish miles.