Sign in to follow this  

Eric gorr cr265 owners?

I'm thinking about going with Eric gorr's 265 kit for my 05 and mid to top end porting on pump gas. Is it worth it? I am aware I might loose some reliability. Thanks In advance!

I'm thinking about going with Eric gorr's 265 kit for my 05 and mid to top end porting on pump gas. Is it worth it? I am aware I might loose some reliability. Thanks In advance!

You won't lose reliability.  I have had 2 of his bb kits on an 80 and a 125 and both run great, no reliability problems.

You won't lose reliability. I have had 2 of his bb kits on an 80 and a 125 and both run great, no reliability problems.

Thanks for the reply and I wasn't quite sure I know he does amazing work tho

You will have to pay more for top ends though.  He uses wiseco pistons on his kits.  They cost the same as a wiseco top end rebuild kit but the wiseco top end kits are about $30-50 more expensive than OEM. You might just look into having him port your stock top end, may give you what you are looking for without the bb kit.  I love the bb kits on my small bore 2 strokes but a 250 is a very powerful bike.

the 600$ price tag is what is keeping me back. id love to get a BB kit with a bottom end port job to have something close to a KTM300

You will have to pay more for top ends though. He uses wiseco pistons on his kits. They cost the same as a wiseco top end rebuild kit but the wiseco top end kits are about $30-50 more expensive than OEM. You might just look into having him port your stock top end, may give you what you are looking for without the bb kit. I love the bb kits on my small bore 2 strokes but a 250 is a very powerful bike.

If I don't go with the bb I'm getting some porting done by him for sure

If I don't go with the bb I'm getting some porting done by him for sure

He has the top end of my 06 250 as we speak.  He will cut .030 off the bottom of the cylinder and do a full port package, plus cut the head for race or pump gas for $225. 

He has the top end of my 06 250 as we speak. He will cut .030 off the bottom of the cylinder and do a full port package, plus cut the head for race or pump gas for $225.

I think I'll just For that thanks guys

Go with the port 250 man. I ha e the 265 mid-top and for pump gas on my 2005. Though its awesome, it just sucks having to always go to him for top end kits. Unless there's other 265 piston/gaskit top end kits I'm not aware of?

you can buy 265cc cr250 pistons from wiseco, or wossner,  But i think with the eg kit he has his own dome design?

you can buy 265cc cr250 pistons from wiseco, or wossner, But i think with the eg kit he has his own dome design?

If so how much more $ for the 265 piston just curious

He has the top end of my 06 250 as we speak. He will cut .030 off the bottom of the cylinder and do a full port package, plus cut the head for race or pump gas for $225.

Which porting package did you go with?

Which porting package did you go with?

He calls it "mo betta".  He is going to shave .030 off the base of the cylinder, cut my head for pump gas and then I told him to do whatever porting he could do to spread the power out as far as it could be spread. 

• Like 1

He calls it "mo betta". He is going to shave .030 off the base of the cylinder, cut my head for pump gas and then I told him to do whatever porting he could do to spread the power out as far as it could be spread.

i think I'll get .030 off the base of the cylinder and mid to top end porting and head cut for pump also(way to expensive for race fuel haha)

i think I'll get .030 off the base of the cylinder and mid to top end porting and head cut for pump also(way to expensive for race fuel haha)

out of curiosity, would getting the head cut for pump premium be enough? would you still be able to run higher octane occasionally? Ive been using 50/50 VP just because my compression  is slightly high for pump gas at the moment and like the extra power.

out of curiosity, would getting the head cut for pump premium be enough? would you still be able to run higher octane occasionally? Ive been using 50/50 VP just because my compression is slightly high for pump gas at the moment and like the extra power.

i don't know much about it but you probably wouldn't have any problems with it. You might not get the most power out of it running high octane if your head is cut for pump maybe someone that knows more about race fuels will chime in. You could also buy a used head and get one cut for pump and the other for race fuel.

out of curiosity, would getting the head cut for pump premium be enough? would you still be able to run higher octane occasionally? Ive been using 50/50 VP just because my compression is slightly high for pump gas at the moment and like the extra power.

nice 02 also!

Since cutting the base will give you more bottom end, you might talk to him before sending your cylinder and find out what he does when he does a mid/top porting job.  He may not want to cut the base.

out of curiosity, would getting the head cut for pump premium be enough? would you still be able to run higher octane occasionally? Ive been using 50/50 VP just because my compression  is slightly high for pump gas at the moment and like the extra power.

When you cut the head to run pump gas, it is simply making the compression low enough to run pump gas.  Basicly, if you get a head cut for pump fuel, the bike will not put out as much HP as it could with a race gas head but you would be able to run whatever fuel you want with that head.

Since cutting the base will give you more bottom end, you might talk to him before sending your cylinder and find out what he does when he does a mid/top porting job. He may not want to cut the base.

Just realized what I said there haha scratch the .030 off the base