How do I tell if this shift fork needs to be replaced?

Does anyone know how to tell when a shift fork needs to be replaced? I have my cases split and the photo below is one of the forks, should I replace?

I couldn't find any tolerance numbers in the manual to go by when measuring the forks to check for bending either. Anyone know what they are for an 06 YZ 125?

Thanks 

2013-09-08_21-59-35_739.jpg

Edited by crmaverick

Are you having problems shifting? It looks fine to me. You will see significant wear on one that won't shift or pops out of gear.

Cool thanks, how about the pictures of the shift drum above? I noticed that its notched out in the grove and there are a couple nicks in there to. Does that matter?

Cool thanks, how about the pictures of the shift drum above? I noticed that its notched out in the grove and there are a couple nicks in there to. Does that matter?

you'll know if something's wrong. I had a 01yz80 and I'd put it in gear drop th clutch then rev it for a minute before it would move!

How do you know when the shift drum needs to be replaced? Is it normal to have notches in it

When in doubt, replace.

Hello everybody.

I'm  Matteo from Italy and I have a 2001 YZ 250 (and a 2008 Husky SM 610).

I bought the YZ used (10th hand probably :lol: ) and it has worked fine, but I've decided to inspect its engine because the previous owner didn't know anything about the past maintenance: he bought it, realized he didn't like motocross and sold it.

I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED SHIFTING PROBLEMS, but the forks look damaged:

esu79z.jpg

2yvqo2f.jpg

2q1cfwg.jpg

Would you replace those? Do your forks look similar?

The three slots in the drum which move the pins of the forks look fine to me. I'm not so sure about the dogs of the gears, but they don't look bad; do they? http://it.tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=TChd6DpwTVXjY6PTXXoTOIh4l5k2TGxc

P.S.: is there a thread for new users who want to introduce theirselves? I haven't found it...

Edited by Theo