Sign in to follow this  

Hard to start

Well I have a crf250r 08 for a while and it had been starting fine Until a week ago when it started to be a bitch to start, I check the valves a liltle while ago but I'm going to check then again soon. It's very hard to start cold and hot when it was fine before, it roll starts piss easy which is good and it doesn't idle properly, I personally think that their is stuff in the carb and it needs a clean out and tune or the valves need to be adjusted. Any opinions??

Yeah when I get time I'm going to do. I think it's the carb because It went hard to start just instantly didnt do it slowly just out of no where

On my 06 was the same way. Just one day couldn't kick start it. Valves were spent. usually starts with the right intake valve ten goes from there. But never hurts to do process of elimination. Good luck 

checked my valves and both the intakes are out and im going to shim them soon and see how the bike goes

I shimed my valves and the bike starts and runs good now :)

Edited by Rollzy

I shimed my valves and the bike starts and runs good now :)

hate to drop the bomb but you may get 3-5 good rides after the reshim and then its time to rebuild the head

hate to drop the bomb but you may get 3-5 good rides after the reshim and then its time to rebuild the head

yeah I know that so I'm getting a kimblewhite intake only kit that comes with the valves and springs and retainers and seals... Ect. And I'm also going to get a new piston and rings for it while I'm in the engine
  • Like 1

yeah I know that so I'm getting a kimblewhite intake only kit that comes with the valves and springs and retainers and seals... Ect. And I'm also going to get a new piston and rings for it while I'm in the engine

might be a good idea to change out the timing chain while its down