Sign in to follow this  

Waterproof Killswitch?

Hey guys. I went out riding in some serious rain a week ago and everytime I used my killswitch I would get shocked. I am putting an order together on RMATV and I am trying to find a new killswitch but I can't seem to find one other than the one I have now. Anyone know of one that has a rubber booty over the top to keep the water out?

My cr85 kill switch is just about all rubber, atleast the outside, maybe try looking for one of those?

The factory Yamaha kill switch is the most robust.  By chance are you using rubber bar mounts?  Single wire kill switches ground to the handle bars and if the bars are rubber mounted that could cause things to not work properly.

Hey guys. I went out riding in some serious rain a week ago and everytime I used my killswitch I would get shocked. I am putting an order together on RMATV and I am trying to find a new killswitch but I can't seem to find one other than the one I have now. Anyone know of one that has a rubber booty over the top to keep the water out?

Sounds like your switch has a bad ground or is faulty, all it does is ground to the frame. My Briggs and Stratton mini bike I had as a kid had a metal tab that i had to push, just grounded the plug wire to the motor, wasn't good when I missed it and touched the plug, never got a shock otherwise and it was uninsulated.
  • Like 1

You need a two wire kill switch with the ground wire connected to the frame at the coil.

I like the shape of the Kawasaki switches and have them on three XRs but you will need to mod the connections to suit the XR. 

Factory XR switches are two wire and pretty water resistant.  You can seal the bottom  with silicon to add more water protection.