Sign in to follow this  

Dr 200 - Heads Up If Installing Handguards

Bought a set of Cycla Probend CRM handguards and had my shop install them on my 2013 Suzuki DR 200. Turns out the stock handle bars are solid and needed drilled out. Considering the time it took to drill them and install the guards, a new set of hollow type handlebars would have made the install allot simpler and cost about the same. End result is great, the handguards fit and look good.

Bought a set of Cycla Probend CRM handguards and had my shop install them on my 2013 Suzuki DR 200. Turns out the stock handle bars are solid and needed drilled out. Considering the time it took to drill them and install the guards, a new set of hollow type handlebars would have made the install allot simpler and cost about the same. End result is great, the handguards fit and look good.

solid bars? I bet you'll have one hell of a time bending those!

I'll say! Not sure if just the ends of the bars, or the whole bars. They were hoping to drill through after an inch, but were in over 2" to fit the anchors and still solid. Caught us all by surprise and put a hurting to my budget. Their thinking is Suzuki may have gone with a solid bar or partially solid bar to help reduce vibration at highway speeds.

I'll say! Not sure if just the ends of the bars, or the whole bars. They were hoping to drill through after an inch, but were in over 2" to fit the anchors and still solid. Caught us all by surprise and put a hurting to my budget. Their thinking is Suzuki may have gone with a solid bar or partially solid bar to help reduce vibration at highway speeds.

yea that's probably it.