Sign in to follow this  

Pros and cons of a 2000 kx 125?

I'm thinking about trading a man my 99 KDX 200 for a 2000 kx 125? My KDX is too heavy An I was wanting something lighter! Are they kx125 a good bike? I've never road one or sat on one? I want to know! Good decision or not!!!???

I'm thinking about trading a man my 99 KDX 200 for a 2000 kx 125? My KDX is too heavy An I was wanting something lighter! Are they kx125 a good bike? I've never road one or sat on one? I want to know! Good decision or not!!!???

hello there. The kx125 is a motocross bike and the kdx is more of a trail bike. The kx will have little to no bottom end power but will rip once you hit powerband. I think it will be lighter but sit higher. I think seat hight is around 36 inches. But if your riding trails the kdx is much better for that. With the kx except the shift and clutch way more. You will prob have to rebuild the top end on the kx once every 80 hours or so. Depending on how you ride it. There fun bikes and fast but better on the track and a kdx. If it was me I wouldn't trade. But I ride trails ans hare scrambles.

I own an 02 kx125(same exact bike as an 00) and it is a solid bike overall. Yes, it will have less bottom end than your kdx, but it actually has good bottom end for a 125. It is a decent bike for the trails due to its good bottom end but there isn't much up top. It's better to short shift it than scream it wide open all the time like other 125's. Suspension always seemed harsh to me but me or my dad has really played with it much( I owned it for a year, then traded it to my dad for a 03 yz 125 3 years ago). My dad complains about the harshness of the forks but he lives with it. He likes how light it is and doesn't have any interest in a more powerful bike. It's always been very reliable for us as well. It has very low hours as my father only rides a few times a year and when we changed the tires this year the originals were on it. The motor has never been opened up, but we plan on checking everything this winter. Overall, its a solid bike.

P.s. 99-02 are the same bike if you buy it and are looking for parts.

Edited by Kpoulz328