Where to get '79 XR500 plastics?

Hi guys, can anyone point me in the right direction for NOS plastics for my 79 XR500 twinshock??

After 15years of solid use, it's time for a new look. Cheers!

Holy Mackeral Muzz,,you'll be lucky..That's pre war gear.. :shocked:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/1979-honda-xr500

One or two there,,bit rough looking,,plus freight,,hell expensive..Bit of paint would sort them but at 90 a piece it'd be ridiculous..might be less for both in the one package..

Edited by Horri

Have you tried these guys, http://www.dcvmx.com/xcart/home.php ??? Even if they don't make it, they might know somebody who does...

These bikes were apparently VERY popular in Germany and there is quite a bit of support over there, Google will help immeasurably, particularly the "Translate" feature!

With 3d printing, advances in materials, custom design & order places on the web, I think your choices are much greater than what "Fleabay" has to offer, rest assured they'll assume you'll pay out desperation...

Screw that, bring your XR into the 21st century with parts designed BETTER than they were 34 years ago!

Just confirmed it via Partzilla, 1981 plastics match the 1979 plastics for the XR500!

I'm on my lunch hour and was bored...

I have them, buy doing would be pretty high no?

Just confirmed it via Partzilla, 1981 plastics match the 1979 plastics for the XR500!

I'm on my lunch hour and was bored...

Um, sorry pal,, '81 and '79 look very different and while motor parts inerchange, plastics don't.  Thanks for  th DC lionk, they do have a '79 rear gaurd.

I have them, buy doing would be pretty high no?

Are you saying you have a set?

Um, sorry pal, I'm not the one asking for help here... At any rate, the part numbers matched, sorry it did not work out...

Cheers...

Edited by condershire

Um, sorry pal, I'm not the one asking for help here... At any rate, the part numbers matched, sorry it did not work out... Cheers...

Apologies if that sounded smart-ass, wasn't intended to be. Appreciate the effort, Muzz

No problem, sometimes I get "over enthusiastic" in solving a problem... I do hope you got it sorted out, those bikes are great, it was my dream to have one when I was much younger!