Sign in to follow this  

'13 300 XC service manual

One of the biggest sore spots with KTM is the lack of and lag of putting out shop manuals for their machines. If and when I need to tear into my '13 xcw, I'm going to have to scour the forums and youtube for info.

If anyone has them or will get them when they DO come out, Munn Racing would be one place to check.

I bet if the whole US boycotted buying KTM for just a month because of this issue, it would raise some eyebrows at corporate.

Yeah I'm just a tad peeved about it. The owners manual has a few torque specs but not everything. And yes, if I need to tear the motor down I would like a shop manual to refer to. If they think by my not having a manual I will take it to the dealer to tear in to my motor they are sadly mistaken.

I have always just gone to my dealer and got a copy of the shop manual on a disk.Take it home and burn a copy then stick it threw a printer as I want a paper copy out in the shop.I only want the info for engine teardowns so any of the 250 or 300 two stroke manuals will do. i believe the one I'm using now for my 2011 300 XC is the manual from a 250 SX. My dealer is good this way lending me this stuff and selling me bikes still in the crate.

I think I need to make some phone calls. You can bet your @$$ the wrenches at the dealership have a shop manual for the damn bikes. You can't tell me they are using a manual that is for a bike 3 years ago. Really the only thing I'm interested in is the chapters on the motor top and bottom end. I realize it will be a little bit before I need to open it up (only 5 hours on the bike) but when I do I want a manual in hand.

I'm thinking doing a piston/ring swap at about every 70 hours should ensure she stays fresh. What are some others thoughts on top end intervals on the 300's? My 450 has 70 hours on it right now and is showing no signs of getting weak. With the 4 stroke I was planning on doing the top end somewhere around 120-150 hours. But hey! No worries... I have a service manual for the 450!

According to my local KTM shop....the repair manual that goes up to 2010 is exactly the same info engine wise as my 2012. And other than the clutch the 12' and 13' are the same. 

I am doing the top end right now and my experience so far I can confirm this is true.

I found the 2004-2010 manual free  ;) .  Printed it up hole punched it and threw it in a binder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87528117/KTM%20200-3002T%2004-10%20Repair%20manual.pdf

Edited by 4STK4LIFE
  • Like 1

Oh..mine has 90 hrs on it. Plan to do every 100 but I tore it down a little early when I f'd up my knee and there was a break from racing anyway.

Piston looks pretty good gonna measure it to see how good it really is. At least half to 2/3rds of those hours are desert race hrs.

70 seems kinda early unless you are really really hard on it.

Oh..mine has 90 hrs on it. Plan to do every 100 but I tore it down a little early when I f'd up my knee and there was a break from racing anyway.

Piston looks pretty good gonna measure it to see how good it really is. At least half to 2/3rds of those hours are desert race hrs.

70 seems kinda early unless you are really really hard on it.

Let me know what you see. Still trying to get an idea on intervals. 100 seems pretty reasonable.

According to my local KTM shop....the repair manual that goes up to 2010 is exactly the same info engine wise as my 2012. And other than the clutch the 12' and 13' are the same.

I am doing the top end right now and my experience so far I can confirm this is true.

I found the 2004-2010 manual free ;) . Printed it up hole punched it and threw it in a binder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87528117/KTM%20200-3002T%2004-10%20Repair%20manual.pdf

Thanks for the link. I briefly skimmed the manual and it seems to have everything I was concerned about which was setting up the power valve and piston swap.

Update:

The powervalve assembly is slightly different from the manual. Just the geared pieces are different the order everything is in is the same. Also the manual says to install the retainers for the smaller valves (not sure what they are called) first but you cant do that because they also hold the powervalve itself in.

Other than that its the same and if you took it apart you should be able to figure it out.

Update:

The powervalve assembly is slightly different from the manual. Just the geared pieces are different the order everything is in is the same. Also the manual says to install the retainers for the smaller valves (not sure what they are called) first but you cant do that because they also hold the powervalve itself in.

Other than that its the same and if you took it apart you should be able to figure it out.

Good to know!! Thanks for the update!!