new chain install problem

just installed new sprox and chain, I went up one tooth in the rear (50 vs 49) and went w/stock chain length (112). the rear whell is now as forward as possible (cant physically go any further) and the chain slack is about 1 1/2 inches.

I reaaly want to ride tomorrow, will that be ok or is that way too tight?

will the chain eventually stretch a bit (rk o-ring)?

let me know your thoughts..thx

Bad idea

Bad idea

just curious, why?

That's a pretty tight.  Running too tight of chain slack will basically prematurely wear your new sprockets and new chain.  I'd have to check but that might be pretty close to limiting travel on your suspension (since your chain tightens as it gets part way through it's travel - tightest being when the countershaft sprocket, swing arm pivot, and rear sprocket are in line).  Your decision, but I wouldn't ride it that tight.

Broken

Countershaft

Rear hub

Leg

What kind of riding are you doing? I trail ride only and I would ride it lightly and let the chain stretch a little and then adjust it accordingly. If not your either gunna have to buy a new chain or just sit and look at it. I wouldn't get out and hit a track with it right away.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378858980.149471.jpg

I would ride it for a bit man and let it stretch. I don't think unless your out jumping you will harm anything.

That's the problem, I only ride MX tracks.

I guess I'll order a new chain and sit this week out ...thanks for the input

No need to buy a whole new chain. Go buy a half link for a 520 chain and ride it until it stretches enough to take it out.  Or get and extra link and run 2 master links.  Either way will work.

No need to buy a whole new chain. Go buy a half link for a 520 chain and ride it until it stretches enough to take it out. Or get and extra link and run 2 master links. Either way will work.

Great idea not sure why I didn't think about that?