Where are the most beautiful riding places?

What are your favorite scenic places to ride?  Colorado and New Mexico are in the top, though I've never had a chance to ride them.

SoCal is very pretty in the mountains, especially by Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead, viewing the desert to the North.  Wish I had the chance to ride Kennedy Meadows when I lived there because I know it's breath taking.

In Texas, the prettiest place I've ridden is Caprock Canyon State Park, where they hold the yearly enduro race.  It's awesome riding through state park land.  Try that in Cali you'll get shot by someone who doesn't believe in guns.

Oklahoma has some amazing scenery along Highway 1 near Talihina, but you absolutely must go there with someone who knows their way around.

Anyone ridden some place truly exotic?  Hawaii, Alaska, New Zealand, Austrailia, some place in Africa??

**Motocrossers--disregard this thread.  Your gravel pit, rock quarry moto tracks do not count as beautiful.

Edited by LovingOffroadPain

And when I lived in Medford, Oregon as a boy, we rode John's Peak behind our house fairly often.  That was such an awesome experience in the pine trees, climbing your way up up up into the clouds.  Words can't describe some of the places I've ridden, they don't do it justice.

The Oregon sand dunes are also amazing because they are dunes with pine trees everywhere, trails in the trees, then you can go climb dunes!!  Banshee Hill at Winchester Bay epitomizes dune riding and hardcore trails in the trees..hen you are 1/2 mile high above the Pacific Ocean and can see for 90 miles westward.

Pretty nice view's around here.

1378864997030.jpg

zaca station kook

zaca.jpg

Edited by Die_trying

Exotic and scenic? Kodiak, Alaska.

Rocks and mud.

Fun and scenic? I'm partial to N. Az., but the southwest in general is pretty good.

Rocks and dust (most of the time).

Mike

Im a moto guy and i think my wins.

Wildwood Nj holds two motocross races a year right on the beach. To the left is the big ferris wheel on the pier behind you is the atlantic friggin ocean in front is the boardwalk, really a cool event,

Appalachian mountains.

Cumberland ky.

Hatfield and McCoy W.v.

Wayne national forest southern Ohio.

Upper peninsula Michigan.

Just a few.

Anyone ridden some place truly exotic?  Hawaii, Alaska, New Zealand, Austrailia, some place in Africa??

:( It doesn't feel exotic to me.

Up here I like riding Adelaide River / Snake Creek. You ride up and down rocky ridges on single track, through some flat single track, through creeks (single track). In short it is a moto-haven for trail riders. It is exhausting though.

Some of the stuff closer to when it is wet is kinda beautiful (for a swamp) but definitely a unique race track when it get used annually for the Kamfari which is a swamp race.

I would love to ride in Nu Zulund, and down south here.

One day I'd like to buy a BRP or similar and tour here properly.

One day I'd like to ride a street bike on the Adelaide hills

There is good riding in so many places.

Here is a pic from a spot closish to town, Hidden Valley.

DSC05724_zpscc20d204.jpg

Here is a pic I took along a ridge, out bush. It is similar to this near Adelaide River, but more hilly and rocky and singletracky. (wouldn't get my zook there lol)

Out bush it is pretty empty and sparse, every now and then you some across old mining equipment and WWII stuff. It makes you feel quite lonely to wonder who has been before you and left their legacy, then left. It is very unlikely humans would go there for anything but camping and 4x4ing.

DSC05712_zpsbfab68d0.jpg

I need to get the GoPro SD card off my mate, everytime I go riding I forget my own camera and hence I had to use a pic I took from the 4x4.

Got some nice footage of both Snake Creek and Gunn Point. Lets see more pics guys so I can add to my list  :lol:

Edit: I rate this thread so different from the usual negativity.

Edited by BushPig

Beauty is where you find it... or ride it.  

I see some awesome stuff in vids from Northern California. BC,  Southern Oregon , New Zealand, Colorado, France, Romania, Austria, Germany, Portugal, Brazil, The Big island of Hawaii, Washington, Utah... Hell there are beautiful and different stuff all over the world.. It's hard to pick..There are a bunch of beautiful desert stuff... It's pretty subjective too as some people love open stuff and some like tight... Really what's the best is what you have.

zaca station kook

zaca.jpg

OK fine, this moto track is pretty picturesque..

If I could ride anywhere in the world, it would be Erzberg.  Mountains jutting into the clouds, hillclimbs that seem like an attempt to ascend into heaven, rocks and boulders that most trials riders can't make it through.. wow.  Something about that place sends chills down my spine (in a good way). 

Southern California has the most abundant riding in the USA.. millions of HOV acres, thousands of miles of trails.  Northern Cali also has tons of riding.  Where there is a lot of riding, lots of mountains, you'll have lots of scenery.

But as you guys have said, the beauty is where you find it.  Even at Red River in Muenster, TX where they held Last Man Standing, I can find some pretty views from several hundred feet above the Red River.  Part of what makes riding scenery pretty to me is if the mountaintop has a difficult climb.. then you really appreciate the view.

Beauty is where you find it... or ride it.  

I see some awesome stuff in vids from Northern California. BC,  Southern Oregon , New Zealand, Colorado, France, Romania, Austria, Germany, Portugal, Brazil, The Big island of Hawaii, Washington, Utah... Hell there are beautiful and different stuff all over the world.. It's hard to pick..There are a bunch of beautiful desert stuff... It's pretty subjective too as some people love open stuff and some like tight... Really what's the best is what you have.

Exactly. Where I typically ride, it is owned by a paper company and they routinely cut down trees. The new growth areas are really nothing to look at, but I was riding with a guy from Arizona and he loved it. He wasn't used to trees. When you go into the old growth, where they don't  harvest, it's beautiful. Sometimes I pretend I'm riding in a jungle far away. :)

Here's a pic I took while out at Moab a few months ago.

2013-04-27_15-51-34_164_zps55a597c2.jpg

I like turtles. zombie_kid.gif

DSC00265-L.jpg

DSC_4219huge-L.jpg

DSC09738big-L.jpg

DSC03440big-L.jpg

DSC07697big-L.jpg

DSC02658-L.jpg

All within three hours of my house.

Virginia and West Virginia

Here's a vid where I love the trail.. not any great vistas or anything but it just was a beautiful day and  beautiful trails to me. These are some trails that I rode when I was a kid with my Dad and only recently rode again. Few ride here anymore. ..part beautiful trail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvW889c69uc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_kR881LPrA

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I grew up riding in Hawaii, and couldn't imagine anywhere could possibly be nicer or cooler. Then I moved to the Pacific Northwest and discovered dirt bike heaven! :jawdrop:

Colorado

IMG_4506.JPG

Lots of beauty here in BC

mudlakes010.jpg

mudlakes005.jpg

robbietrackjune002.jpg

I like turtles. zombie_kid.gif

DSC00265-L.jpg

DSC_4219huge-L.jpg

DSC09738big-L.jpg

DSC03440big-L.jpg

DSC07697big-L.jpg

DSC02658-L.jpg

All within three hours of my house

Beautiful, got to ride from St Elmo over Labor Day, wish I lived out there.