Looking for some help.

Hi guys this is only my 2nd post on here but I just recently picked up a 94 wxe 610 left kicker and jess out riding last weekend and it sputterd and died on me. I'm pretty good with engines and I consider myself pretty mechanically inclined but I just can't seem to figure this one out. I got spark I got fuel n I got compression but all I'm getting is about 1 fire every 4-5 kicks. I did have some water in the lines so I drained everything and cleaned out the carb. New spark plug. The valves where just recently gone over before I got it. Only thing I found out of the ordinary is that I had a coolant leak but it wasn't empty I hope I didn't overheat it... I appreciate any and all help I get on this I've searched and searched with no luck.

one thing you should check is your flywheel to make sure the magnets are not loose.this is somewhat of an issue.how is the intake manifold?also you did not mention if you've gone thru the carb yet looking for debris ect.dan

Yea I went through the carb completely intake manifold as in the rubber boot the carb attatches too? It's brand new. I guess I'm gonna have to pop the magneto off. Isthere a trick to taking it off?

one thing you should check is your flywheel to make sure the magnets are not loose.this is somewhat of an issue.how is the intake manifold?also you did not mention if you've gone thru the carb yet looking for debris ect.dan

This is primarily an issue with the ducati ignition, your 1994 should have a SEM ignition.

This is primarily an issue with the ducati ignition, your 1994 should have a SEM ignition.

1994  = SEM ( from the factory) it MAY have been changed,

worth checking the valve clearances, as the intakes REALLY effect the fuelling,

are you using the lean-over method before starting..??

Carb cleanliness can also be a big factor with the Dellorto

Charlie

The lean over method is new to me... I never had an issue with starting until now. Is there a better carb I could try?? 40 mm is a pretty common size for a carb. I ordered a flywheel puller yesterday when it comes in I will check the flywheel/mag n make sure everything is up to par

Ok where do I get a flywheel puller? I ordered on off eBay and it's too small.