Sign in to follow this  

RHC Cams and Valves no longer available to international buyers.....

I am wanting to do a stroker rebuild on my Z (as I am convinced my crank is on it's last legs) and I have read many times that the best option for this build is to run Ron Hamp Cams and Eddie's stage 2 valve kit. I believe without this combo people run into issues with head gaskets blowing out....

Unfortunately Eddie will not supply this gear on international order due to shipping/insurance issues. Being that he is the only supplier for RHC I am left with a small dilemma and am seriously contemplating selling the bike and moving on to bigger better wheels.

Can anyone out there recommend another option for quality cams that suit a +4mm Hot Rods stroker crank rebuild ?

RHC has a contact number for individuals to call and order from? Have you tried contacting him directly?

• Like 1

RHC has a contact number for individuals to call and order from? Have you tried contacting him directly?

Yeah, I saw that on Ron's website but I don't think he sells to the general public anymore..... I'll drop him an email  :)

I am wanting to do a stroker rebuild on my Z (as I am convinced my crank is on it's last legs) and I have read many times that the best option for this build is to run Ron Hamp Cams and Eddie's stage 2 valve kit. I believe without this combo people run into issues with head gaskets blowing out....

Unfortunately Eddie will not supply this gear on international order due to shipping/insurance issues. Being that he is the only supplier for RHC I am left with a small dilemma and am seriously contemplating selling the bike and moving on to bigger better wheels.

Can anyone out there recommend another option for quality cams that suit a +4mm Hot Rods stroker crank rebuild ?

PM "Radtech".....he had a stroker that lasted 60,000+mi. and I think he had Wiseco Cams, but not sure. He would have some good info tho.......and like 150ron says, have Eddy send it to one of us here in the states, and we can forward...... ;)

Edited by Signman606
  • Like 2

Thanks guys !

Wayne, I thought from memory Radtech was running stock valves with Hot Cams but I am prolly wrong...... Hopefully he will see the thread and drop his 0.2c

I will PM him.

• Like 1

I think a lot of this has stemed from the Epic debarcle. After I finally got my engine back from Eddie he said to me that he would never go through the hassle of shipping an engine OS again. Due to the way things were shipped from Epic/SSW a lot of item were lost in the post or sent to the wrong person or just not sent at all. Could you ship him your head and get the parts that way? Or look at Webb cams.

Thanks guys !

Wayne, I thought from memory Radtech was running stock valves with Hot Cams but I am prolly wrong...... Hopefully he will see the thread and drop his 0.2c

Unfortunately he's in Germany...back the 13th.

• Like 1

What are your options regarding a new bike ?

Not orange ..M8 ?

this is not looking good, i only needed to refresh the head with new rhc valves and springs to begin the big bore install.

I ship alot of stuff international. Relatives, eBay, and the occasional bit for a guy on a forum. It is a bit of a chore. The paperwork takes about 20 minutes.

If someone is in a bind ill help out. I just can't put out a blanket offer. My office at home already looks like a freight forwarding station. Plus the wife gets testy....

• Like 2

Has anyone out there used Web Cams ? If so which ones, they list 4 different grinds so I am wondering which one is best suited to a +4mm stroker / BB build ? They also do valve/spring kits, anyone used these successfully on their Z ?

Their site unfortunately only offers a phone number and calling from the other side of the bubble can be a bit of a PITA.....

Web Cams website: http://www.webcamshafts.com/index_blank.html?pages/vehicle_search.html

Theres nobody else that makes the cams or valves? Nobody else can copy them?  I've been running into the "we dont make that anymore" excuse all morning. Im trying to find a rotor that will work with my new caliper and nobody has one. I wish i could move back to italy for a little while. might have a 320 ebc rotor for sale soon...

Theres nobody else that makes the cams or valves? Nobody else can copy them?

I don't know the lift/durations on the RHC 187 or I would simply order the closest matching Web Cams

• Like 1

Could you ship him your head and get the parts that way?

Before the change of heart Eddie had quoted me to supply an E head with valves and cams fitted.... My bike is my daily commuter so sending out a head for weeks is not an option

(of course if it goes BOOOOOM this will not factor any more, then my friend's Ducati 1000SS will stop collecting dust and my Z will start collecting)

I am waiting for one of those to come from Eddie along with some other goodies. It's strange it takes so long for the guys in the US to fill out paperwork to ship OS. When I have sent stuff to the US the paper work takes no longer than sending it interstate. It's such a shame things have turned out this way.

RHC cams are made from Webcams so Webcams would be the right choice fro a bb stroker .

As for spring kit Webcams has one for their cams .

RHC valves are Ferrea valves but RHC coat them , as far as i know Wiseco valves are coated(and that's what i have in my bb stroker engine) but the come only with the std diameter , only RHC & Ferrea have std & +1mm .

• Like 1