Sign in to follow this  

Best plastic's

Not sure if any of you guys have experienced this or not, but my front number plate broke just riding the bike! I have a 2011 and it broke where the number plate bolts to the triple clamps! The plastic was molded so thin at this bracket broke right off!

My question is who do I buy plastic off of that will hold up? Anybody got any experience with the aftermarket plastic? Are they better than factory? Don't want this to happen again!

UFO, polisport and acerbis are all great. I use acerbis because I can source them easily here.

Just grab some super glue or a hot glue gun and glue yours back together :ride:

I actually thought of doing that, but the piece is so thin I don't think it will work!

If its just the plastic replace it, but if you have splashed out on sweet graphics or custom number boards then hot glue gun works a treat, or plastic weld.

The front number board gets little to no forces on it so it will hold up fine, or until next time it goes for a cartwheel lol

Just plastic nothing else. It broke jumping the bike. Not a very big jump either. Maybe I got a fluke or something!

They can get brittle being inside over time... I've had the straps and plates snap on me if the plate has been sitting in one position for too long. If they stay out in the sun, they soften up and more pliable. If it was the stock plate its probably just because it became brittle.

Just install a new one, and don't think twice about it. 

Edited by BDubb106