What do you guys think about race No's on woods ridden bikes?

Just to clarify, I applaud previous & current racers running their numbers they've earned em, but gumbies running full on custom graphics & numbers gets up me nose, I see em like dog tags ya gotta earn em, ROOSTA out.

wow ok. so how do you know if they were earned? Do you get a little ID card or something?

Glad your out you can just stay there... one of worst posts I've read on here... and that's saying a lot...

• Like 3

Just to clarify, I applaud previous & current racers running their numbers they've earned em, but gumbies running full on custom graphics & numbers gets up me nose, I see em like dog tags ya gotta earn em, ROOSTA out.

You must not understand the ANYONE can enter a race and get numbers and compete. Maybe not along side Tadi or Villapoto, but that goes without saying.

...and if you are relating a Soldier defending my freedom to a dirt bike rider, then you are as clueless as you appear.

Oh, and your tag line is soooo clever!  I just love it.  

Biteme out.

• Like 4

Running numbers on the single track with multiple users looks really bad.  I wish people would swap out plastic before hitting the trails. Because people who don't know about bikes assume that we're all just a bunch of racers and are up there doing just that.  I use to take my desert plates off before hitting the trails, you just get treated better by the fellow trail users.

I ride my bike plain with no numbers. But if I wanted to supercross out my bike and run my favorite number on it. Its nice to know that there are tools like you who take it so personal and threatening. If your not on a track who cares? Oh yea you do. So I guest that we should all stop wearing shirts and hats that say Rock Star or FMF if we don't ride for them. I guess its a little different over here seeing Supercross was invented here. 

Edited by vlxjim
  • Like 1

I often see out on the trails delusional morons race stickered up, who can barely pick up there bike when they fall off, I reckon running numbers is privellege earned. ROOSTA out

Yeah, well I now run #607 on all of my bikes, as do most of my riding buddies.

We run that number to honor our fallen friend, who was killed on his bike riding trails - If you don't like it, come on over and tell us how delusional we are.

Man, there has to be better things to see on the trails than other people's stickers.  Grow the hell up.

• Like 2

Anyone against seeing other bikes with numbers is a major douche and isn't someone id want to converse with anyway. But I'm guessing most these douche bags have monster energy or other graphics on their bikes, good thing they ride for them to earn them stickers...morons

What's wrong with race numbers and decals? Worse off it the guy who unloads a goofy looking stickered up 96 RM 125 and lays the smack down on you through the trees...Or a guy with a licence plate and blinkers hits the horn when he sneaks up behind you.... Ever had someone honk a horn when their behind you on the trail?

• Like 6

I ride my bike plain with no numbers. But if I wanted to supercross out my bike and run my favorite number on it. Its nice to know that there are tools like you who take it so personal and threatening. If your not on a track who cares? Oh yea you do. So I guest that we should all stop wearing shirts and hats that say Rock Star or FMF if we don't ride for them. I guess its a little different over here seeing motocross was invented here.

Here, as in Austria and Sweden?

Never run numbers on a bike unless you have raced that bike...it's bad luck. It's worse than riding with a new helmet without dropping it on the ground first.

Once you have raced with the numbers then it's safe to leave them on the bike no matter where you ride.

Disclaimer: I also insist on always putting my right boot on first too...so I might not be the best person to take advice from.

• Like 3

Never run numbers on a bike unless you have raced that bike...it's bad luck. It's worse than riding with a new helmet without dropping it on the ground first.

Once you have raced with the numbers then it's safe to leave them on the bike no matter where you ride.

Disclaimer: I also insist on always putting my right boot on first too...so I might not be the best person to take advice from.

At least you own a helmet and boots....lucky guy.. :(
  • Like 1