Sign in to follow this  

Minnesota 9/11 riding?

Yea i tried that.... still no luck :D

I have so much Comp time to use before i even get to my vacation time.... that i barely ever even hit my vacation time...

Yea i know.. it's tough ;)

You need to check out www.crazyretireddirtbikers.com to find someone who has the same schedule.

I love the description of the site, fit the description but I can't find the web site.  Are you sure this is the full name?

I love the description of the site, fit the description but I can't find the web site.  Are you sure this is the full name?

I guess the site had to close down due to lack of funds.  I guess crazy retired dirt bikers don't have any $$$.

Pete is probably still tearing it up.  I thought of all the fun he was having while I was at work.

• Like 1

Hit up Huntersville....

most of the trails were overgrown and looked like they mostly hadn't been ridden since the enduro....

There was a bunch of trees down (I moved 2 off the trail but the others were just too big for me to move alone)

still had a blast tho..... huntersville really reminds me of riding back in southern NJ (where i grew up)  maybe that's why I like it :D

Gonna try and hit up PB or nemadji for a day trip next week.... (maybe monday) :D

Twin City Trail Riders are having an event Sept. 28th. Trails should be good by then.

had a GREAT ride....

new suspension is awesome!

Pete, did you have someone in the TC area redo your forks?  I'm still trying to decide to have mine done by a pro or not. 

Edited by motoxvet

Well..... 

I ended up doing a RaceTech Gold kit. 

Wasn't planning on it... but it came about as a freebie. :D

and on that note.... would i do it again if i had to pay for it? 

YES! they are extremely plush yet comfortable and Firm. 

Also the clickers make changes much more noticeable...

now.. YMMV.... but I'm a Slow C vet HS racer/Trail rider ....

And with this setup I ran for 2 hrs (minus about 10-15 mins for map reading) and had no Arm pump and was able to pay more attention to riding than the trail obstacles...

I felt faster.... but I'm sure it was just being able to be more fluid and less herky jerky.

Lines opened open for me cause i wasn't afraid the bars were going to get ripped out of my hands.

Needless to say.... for now.... I'm a fan... and i think it'll help me get faster (at least i hope so :D )

Well..... 

I ended up doing a RaceTech Gold kit. 

Wasn't planning on it... but it came about as a freebie. :D

and on that note.... would i do it again if i had to pay for it? 

YES! they are extremely plush yet comfortable and Firm. 

Also the clickers make changes much more noticeable...

now.. YMMV.... but I'm a Slow C vet HS racer/Trail rider ....

And with this setup I ran for 2 hrs (minus about 10-15 mins for map reading) and had no Arm pump and was able to pay more attention to riding than the trail obstacles...

I felt faster.... but I'm sure it was just being able to be more fluid and less herky jerky.

Lines opened open for me cause i wasn't afraid the bars were going to get ripped out of my hands.

Needless to say.... for now.... I'm a fan... and i think it'll help me get faster (at least i hope so :D )

I think I was assuming too much in my head.  What kind of bike & did you have to re-spring?  Thanks.

it's an 01 RM250...

my recommended springs weren't too far off from stock... but 12 yo springs.... yea they needed to go :D

I did respring and revalve Racetech all the way around...

I did not revalve the shock yet tho... hoping to get into that next week.

it's an 01 RM250...

my recommended springs weren't too far off from stock... but 12 yo springs.... yea they needed to go :D

I did respring and revalve Racetech all the way around...

I did not revalve the shock yet tho... hoping to get into that next week.

Ok, Thanks for the info.

Pete, did you have someone in the TC area redo your forks?  I'm still trying to decide to have mine done by a pro or not. 

You can't go wrong with Check Point Off-Road! Matt Stavish does awsome work.