Anyone used FCR Suspension

Looking for guys that have experience with FCR suspension in East Palestine Ohio. Can you give me your opinions on their work?

I haven't personally, but a friend of mine races MX and has gone to them this season for a revalve. He loves it. Has been winning C class races all season with it.

I've heard good things from people about FCR from others too.

I run FCR suspension on my YZF. I got it done at the Pittsburgh franchise, but either way it is great stuff. I got the works valving and their updated 2013 piston kit,  pretty much had everything done. Good price, great service and the bike is much better (and it was good stock). I like having a local shop that I see at the track/races and can run up to the shop if need be. Of course that is just a bonus, because the stuff has to be good for me to use it in the 1st place, but like I said, I am really happy with it.

Not sure what you are looking for, in your bike. I wanted slightly stiffer springs in fork and the rear felt a bit pogo-like for me, stock. So now the bottoming resistance is much better and it soaks up the rough stuff much better. The only thing that took me a little bit to get used to, is the stock bike seemed to use up more travel on the faces of jumps where now it just reacts a little different. So it just took me a practice night or two to get used to that.

• 1 month later...

I use FCR and had nothing short of great experiences. Bob hooked me up. Offered me same day service. Provided me great communication and answered every single one of my stupid Newb questions. He was very informative and got the desired results out of my old beat suspension. I like having the ability to see my suspension tuner at my local tracks on practice days. Any issues or fine tuning needs and they are taken care of on the spot. 

Much better than my experiences with FC. Not that the stuff was not good or they did not know what they were doing, but I am not a skilled enough rider to translate my suspension issues to a tuner over the phone or through email. When they are there watching and I can ride right up to the rig after spinning a few laps on the track, it makes fine tuning pain free for the casual rider. In the end you end up with the perfect set up.

The biggest complaint with FCR is the final price. Seems that many have had one quote then another much higher price when paying. I prefer to go to East Coast Suspension (John Curea) in Butler Pa. 724 336-3293. I run out there Saturday morning, revalve and home in a couple of hours. Great work and much better pricing then the other guys. He did my two Husqvarna and my son's CRF150rb. Loads of info so go and pick his brain.

The biggest complaint with FCR is the final price. Seems that many have had one quote then another much higher price when paying. I prefer to go to East Coast Suspension (John Curea) in Butler Pa. 724 336-3293. I run out there Saturday morning, revalve and home in a couple of hours. Great work and much better pricing then the other guys. He did my two Husqvarna and my son's CRF150rb. Loads of info so go and pick his brain.

FCR is one of the cheapest companies out there price wise, and most would argue that their work is as good or better because of the level of service you can receive from a local tuner. Have you actually used them? Bob is an honest guy and does not rake people over the coals. He goes out of his way to accommodate every single customer that walks through the door, and he is not happy until you are happy. Tell him your budget and he will get as close as possible.

I have had every bike I have ever owned eventually done by FCR. Price has never been off by more than $100 worth of wear parts. What you are talking about will happen with any suspension company that has to replace old worn out/broken parts. It is impossible to know what the parts look like inside without first opening them up. 

Ever try FC (which is who I actually think you are referring to, it is commonly relayed across this board)? Unless your suspension is brand new... you will likely end up spending $250-300 more every time. The last time I had a bike done by FC was a Yz250 and it cost me $237 over the original quote. I feel that they replace unnecessary parts every time. I made the switch from the big guy to the little guy and will never go back to any of the big franchise suspension companies. Not that they don't do good work but you cannot get personalized service at a company that big like you can at a small company like FCR or any other "little guy".

I don't really have any brand loyalty. I am sure that if there was a tuner closer to me and equal in quality than FCR I would go with them. I am inclined to go with the closest guy that can give me the best service. It also helps that they show up to ride days, open practice and races. You cannot beat track side support and tuning, and being able to speak to someone face to face is icing on the cake.

Whenever I recommend a tuner to someone I tell them to find one within driving distance or one that you will see at your local riding spot. Not by what some goof says on the net, or because everyone else uses them.

Edited by BDubb106

Never used FCR because I couldn't get over sticker shock on my son's bike that FCR quoted. So I went back to ECS with the same results as before,, really really good. I have talked to Bob several times and bought springs from him but in the end he didn't convinced me to send my suspension there.  If you do a lot of track time local then yes having FCR do your suspension is better. Both ECS and FCR are almost next to each other, so for me it came down to who got me in first which was ECS. A benefit with FRC is or at least it was, a test track you can fine tune your settings before going home.  Another shop in the area is PR2.

John`s the Man!!

I prefer to go to East Coast Suspension (John Curea) in Butler Pa. 724 336-3293. I run out there Saturday morning, revalve and home in a couple of hours. Great work and much better pricing then the other guys. He did my two Husqvarna and my son's CRF150rb. Loads of info so go and pick his brain.

A little history on ECS he started out with MX-Tech learned off of him and then went out on his own after he was taught(weird).

Just heard some bad stuff about FCR. Bob lost my business when he didn't completely read my e-mail. Blessing in disguise!

The WHOLE concept of America is going somewhere to learn a trade, profession, etc and then starting something on your own. Noting remotely "weird" or wrong about that.

• Like 1

The WHOLE concept of America is going somewhere to learn a trade, profession, etc and then starting something on your own. Noting remotely "weird" or wrong about that.

When you start a MX-Tech franchise and your MX-TECH East then you go on your own after you learn from them I call it something else!

When you start a MX-Tech franchise and your MX-TECH East then you go on your own after you learn from them I call it something else!

John didn't go into great details but there was a fall-out between business partners and they parted. If you call this something what would you call KTM?? Or Husaberg? Or the many other companies in this industry that swap personnel, IP and knowledge??

Edited by weantright

Did`nt RG3 work with Race Tech at one time;) This is America bitches;))!!

John didn't go into great details but there was a fall-out between business partners and they parted. If you call this something what would you call KTM?? Or Husaberg? Or the many other companies in this industry that swap personnel, IP and knowledge??

Edited by MRW