Small O-Ring On Top of Carb

Hey Everyone.  I was installing a jet kit on my 07 S model and when I took the top of the carb assembly off I noticed that there was no tiny o-ring on the side (the one they tell you not to loose).  No outline marks on the cover so I do not think there was ever one there, and looking at it I would have no idea why one is needed.  Did they do away with these in the later models and if not how important are they?  Thanks!

Go to the Suzuki dealer and get one. You need it

If the manufacturer put one there .... It's required

Not sure I could feel any difference when I replaced mine.....after riding for some time with it missing. Still...easy to find one to put in there

Go to the Suzuki dealer and get one. You need it

If the manufacturer put one there .... It's required

+1.....Go get one mate.... :D 

Hey Everyone.  I was installing a jet kit on my 07 S model and when I took the top of the carb assembly off I noticed that there was no tiny o-ring on the side (the one they tell you not to loose).  No outline marks on the cover so I do not think there was ever one there, and looking at it I would have no idea why one is needed.  Did they do away with these in the later models and if not how important are they?  Thanks!

very important. 

an oring rescue pack from autozone has many sizes, the pack i got had 12 or so that fits fine. (don't wait to replace it)

.  Did they do away with these in the later models and if not how important are they?  Thanks!

I jetted my 13'SM this weekend and it had it in there.

Good to know- thanks for the quick replies!!

There wasn't one in my carb when I opened it up,and the bike only had 637 miles on it. Seemed to run fine without it . I bought one at the local hardware store . No issues .

There wasn't one in my carb when I opened it up,and the bike only had 637 miles on it. Seemed to run fine without it . I bought one at the local hardware store . No issues .

thats probally because it fell out when you opened the top up and you didn't notice

if you trace the circuitry, you'll find it blocks off the hole and prevents dirt/dust from entering the vaccuum chamber at the top of the slide.  I lost mine at one point, so plugged the area with black rtv-ran it like that for 20,000km+

thats probally because it fell out when you opened the top up and you didn't notice

No , I'm very meticulous when it comes to the repair or replacememt of anything . I prepared myself for the task at hand by watching videos on you tube beforehand , having clean room type cleanliness and organization of my tools and work bench to ensure a successful rejetting . The O ring wasn't there . It is possible that the mechanic at the dealership may have lost it when they cleaned out the carb for me when I first bought it. But I noticed no difference with it in or out .

Mass... they get lost all the time. I fretted to replace the one I thought I'd lost....but couldn't feel any difference once I did the install.

Maybe someone can explain it's purpose?

Mass... they get lost all the time. I fretted to replace the one I thought I'd lost....but couldn't feel any difference once I did the install.

Maybe someone can explain it's purpose?

its there to seal from outside air. The diaphragm has pressure differences above and below. Sucking air in will upset the pressure differences.it also stops dust from contaminating your carb.with it not in place you might not feel anything different but if you did mileage checks on a constant basis you might see a difference