Sign in to follow this  

250f or 450f?

Alright guys so i am almost 16. 140-145lb 5'10 and mainly ride a 2012 KTM 300SX. i can handle this baby pretty well and I'm looking to get another bike just to mess around on and maybe race some classes with it. Would i be able to handle a 450f? Or should i just get a 250f? I know my bike is pretty fast , but theres a weight difference and power difference and I'm not sure if i can handle it? I don't want the bike to be harder to handle then my main one and i don't want another 2 stroke or bike that has no common grounds between my KTM. By the way the bikes will be from 04-07 help me with models if you can as well! I was thinking either a kx250f/450 or rm-z250/450?!

Alright guys so i am almost 16. 140-145lb 5'10 and mainly ride a 2012 KTM 300SX. i can handle this baby pretty well and I'm looking to get another bike just to mess around on and maybe race some classes with it. Would i be able to handle a 450f? Or should i just get a 250f? I know my bike is pretty fast , but theres a weight difference and power difference and I'm not sure if i can handle it? I don't want the bike to be harder to handle then my main one and i don't want another 2 stroke or bike that has no common grounds between my KTM. By the way the bikes will be from 04-07 help me with models if you can as well! I was thinking either a kx250f/450 or rm-z250/450?!

yz250, 450. I prefer 450.

Dont get a 450 that old. Unless you can get a fi 450 id pass on one. Same deal with 250fs.

rather have an older 450 then 250

Rather not have either old.

Rather not have either old.

but if you needed a bike and it had to be either a 250. Or 450 four stroke of one of the years provided I'd choose 450 cuz the 250s are ticking time bombs period!

Im picking this bike up this weekend its an 06 or 07 KX250F factory pro circuit! Trading him my pristine 2004 CRF150F and 500 .The CRF150F is for his daughter to ride because the KX250F is to big for her so its a steal and I'm taking it thanks though guys!! {style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378954448.854886.jpg

Factory pro circuit?

lol didn't mean to say factory sorry lol i was thinking of another offer i had! Now i feel dumb :(!

Whats done to the bike?

Nothing really just clean and has low hours.

Not trying to offend you but why would you get an 07 kx250f if you have a 2012 300? Also they dont make a 300sx.

Not trying to offend you but why would you get an 07 kx250f if you have a 2012 300? Also they dont make a 300sx.

First of all its bored out to 300 and because i want to get rid of my small 150f and get a bike a can ride other race classes with in future and i can mess around on it and not mess up my main bike but still have some power.

First of all its bored out to 300 and because i want to get rid of my small 150f and get a bike a can ride other race classes with in future and i can mess around on it and not mess up my main bike but still have some power.

After riding that sx you are going to hate a 250f.

I think it will be fine man theres a lot of sugar sand down where i live so my 250f can tear it up!

You already have the perfect bike for sand.

And now i have 2! Im basically only paying 500 bucks for a newer and faster bike i mean be positive!

fir now, till it blows up then your paying 2-3K for a

250f

And now i have 2! Im basically only paying 500 bucks for a newer and faster bike i mean be positive!

How could you possibly want an 07 250f when you have a 12 sx250?

Edited by dr11