CRF450R and YZ450F Differences

I just recently bought a 2006 CRF450R after getting to ride my friend's 2007 YZ450F but there is a few differences I've noticed and I'm wondering if they are normal. The first thing I noticed is that my bike seems to me like it hits the rev limiter faster than the YZ, and I consistently hit it in second gear. My last bike was a kx250 2t so maybe I'm revving more than necessary but I never really hit the limiter in the short time that I spent on the YZ, and the yz is also geared down 2 teeth on the rear.  Second, it seems to take a lot less leg strength to kick over than the yz. Are these things normal differences?

Edited by tw191

I just recently bought a 2006 CRF450R after getting to ride my friend's 2007 YZ450F but there is a few differences I've noticed and I'm wondering if they are normal. The first thing I noticed is that my bike seems to me like it hits the rev limiter faster than the YZ, and I consistently hit it in second gear. My last bike was a kx250 2t so maybe I'm revving more than necessary but I never really hit the limiter in the short time that I spent on the YZ, and the yz is also geared down 2 teeth on the rear. Second, it seems to take a lot less leg strength to kick over than the yz. Are these things normal differences?

I had a problem with riding the limiter all the time when i switched from 250f to 450. My 450 doesnt rev out as far so you need to short shift them.

Get a plug in play map system it will raise you're rev limiter giving it a bit mor umff on pulling ....both stock pistons? Hondas a superior machine a Yamaha is more tune able uni cam vrs twin cam wise there's more room to play timing wise

You do realize hes talking about an 06 and 07 dont you?

You do realize hes talking about an 06 and 07 dont you?

And you're point is? http://www.motorsportgoetz.com/Tuning-CDI-Honda-CRF-450-R-year-04-06-Moto-Cross

A point that should be made is that bike peaks about 8000-8500 rpm limiter is already at 11000 I think either way a hotter ign map and a lil carb work ..pipe .along with a gearing change will compensate for what you're asking about

Edited by Crguy713