How do I remove the lower steering head bearing?

I have removed the lower triple clamp and steering head from my 2012 450 XCW.  The upper bearing comes off easily, but the lower bearing won't come off.  It seems like the steering head has to be removed from the lower triple clamp, but I'm not sure.  Any tips on that?  I am just trying to remove it so I can clean and grease it.  Thanks. 

Thanks Hezz.  

Can it reasonably be cleaned and greased without removing it?  When you say pressed off, you mean it comes up off the top of the steering stem, same end as the upper bearing was removed from, correct?  One more - do you have the part number of the tool?  Thanks again!!

Thanks Hezz.

Can it reasonably be cleaned and greased without removing it? When you say pressed off, you mean it comes up off the top of the steering stem, same end as the upper bearing was removed from, correct? One more - do you have the part number of the tool? Thanks again!!

That is correct, bearing comes off the top of the steering stem. Yes, I clean and grease mine on the stem. Only time it comes off is to replace it. I believe motion pro makes a tool to remove the bearing. Try also make another tool to put the bearing back on but you can easily make a tool for installing much cheaper! Sorry I don't have part numbers for ya. Do a search for motion pro tools and you should find what I'm referring to. Other companies make similar tools for cheaper as well.

• Like 1