fuel mixture

gidday guys just bought my son 2007 yz 125 not sure what fuel mixture to run it on any help would be appreciated

28-32:1 With Maxima 927. What kind of riding do you plan on doing with it?

I run amsoil dominator at 40:1... really though run what you want and make sure its jetted correctly... I have run anywhere from 50:1 to 32:1. Play with it a bit and see what works best for you

he has just stepped of a ttr 125 onto the yz so he is struggling a bit with the power and height of the yz so was thinking about 25-1 to make sure all is good at low revs

he has just stepped of a ttr 125 onto the yz so he is struggling a bit with the power and height of the yz so was thinking about 25-1 to make sure all is good at low revs

32:1 should be just fine. It's more of the high revs that you need to worry about. Definitely make sure that it's jetted right, or else it won't run well and be reliable. I know that there is something you can do with the jets to mellow it out a bit, but I don't remember exactly what it was.. Something like 2 sizes up on the pilot and main, and lower the clip position a few notches.

32:1 should be just fine. It's more of the high revs that you need to worry about. Definitely make sure that it's jetted right, or else it won't run well and be reliable. I know that there is something you can do with the jets to mellow it out a bit, but I don't remember exactly what it was.. Something like 2 sizes up on the pilot and main, and lower the clip position a few notches.

thanks for your help will let you know how it goes after next ride

+1 I'm running Maxima 927 at 32:1.  Maxima 927 is awesome against piston and cylinder wear.

gidday guys just bought my son 2007 yz 125 not sure what fuel mixture to run it on any help would be appreciated

G'day Mate.  It can be a bit hard to find Amsoil or Maxima here in Aussie land.  I just use Castrol Power 1 TTS racing at 32:1 in my 2007 YZ125 and 2010 YZ250.  I replace the rings at 40hrs and the piston/rings at 80hrs and they always still look good.