Sign in to follow this  

Craziest thing you've ever found on a used bike?

I just picked up a 1996 CR250r for a steal!(400$) It runs and runs very good. Has a few aftermarket goodies but looks like SHIIT! I got it and put it up on the lift stand and began removing plastics, and bolt on stuff. I removed the aftermarket swing arm and found a little zip lock baggy of what looked and smelt like marijuana.. It's now down the toilet! But I'm aware it could have been grass that smelt like marijuana but I'm almost certain it was the real deal...

• Like 1

My stepdad painted a gsxr 600 for a co-worker the bike hasn't been started in a few years and when he was removing the shrouds he found the co workers daughters Barbie doll shoved into the air intake

• Like 1

Not something I found more like lost. Bought a 85 Xr200. the PO decided he needed a lot of bolts from it, so it was missing almost half the bolts. anywhere it had 2, the second one was taken.

I just picked up a 1996 CR250r for a steal!(400$) It runs and runs very good. Has a few aftermarket goodies but looks like SHIIT! I got it and put it up on the lift stand and began removing plastics, and bolt on stuff. I removed the aftermarket swing arm and found a little zip lock baggy of what looked and smelt like marijuana.. It's now down the toilet! But I'm aware it could have been grass that smelt like marijuana but I'm almost certain it was the real deal...

What brand aftermarket swingarm? Where on/in it could a baggy be stored/hidden? Very unusual.

What brand aftermarket swingarm? Where on/in it could a baggy be stored/hidden? Very unusual.

ohh I meant skid plate!! It's a moose skid plate. It looks like it's off a different bike but was just put on this one. The baggy was just jimmied up under the motor and above the skid plate! I'm guessing some were along the lines a you get kid owned it and put it there so his parents wouldn't find it!

What brand aftermarket swingarm? Where on/in it could a baggy be stored/hidden? Very unusual.

here's a pic of it and I drew a red outline of we're the baggy was! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378924509.795834.jpg

Well lets see I found zip ties holding on at least most the plastics with the bolts all striped out, oh the fun that was on that kx. My buddy wanted to clean out his shed and he had this old ass 125 3 wheeler and when i saw it i was like oooooooo.OOO lemi touch and play with. Well when i lifted the seat it was all eaten up and out came 3 rats and i was like wth and jumped back. Didnt see that coming lol just glad they came out when they did or else I would have stuck my face up in it lol

• Like 1

here's a pic of it and I drew a red outline of we're the baggy was! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378924509.795834.jpg

here's a pic of it and I drew a red outline of we're the baggy was! attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1378924509.795834.jpg

Edited by YHGEORGE

I went to the bike shop to get something, and also bought a part for my buddy to save him the trip.  My bike and his part were in the back of my truck, and while I was at work he retrieved his part.  It was like $10 and I said don't worry about it.  A week later I went riding, then cleaning my bike I unbuttoned the airbox to clean the filter and there was a $10 bill. 

I had completely forgot about my friend, so I sent out a mass text to my buddies saying, "Not saying that I mind, but who tipped me $10 for the last riding trip?"  It was a pleasant surprise.

• Like 4

Didnt see that coming lol just glad they came out when they did or else I would have stuck my face up in it lol

Sounds like a girl I used to know..

3. the kind you don't tell ANYONE about.

Edited by LovingOffroadPain

My new to my 93 XR  had a vent clip air freshener holding the headlight into adjustment even though upon furthe inspection the adjuster was still fine just needed aimed 

I was woried that was going to be the way everything was rigged   luckily other than hack wiring  the bike was unmolested

you could sold it and made some money lol

You say, "Whip it or flip it.."  I guess you woulda flipped it, made some cash.  I just woulda given it to a buddy of mine who smokes out all the time.  Or if you sell it for say $50, then the bike only cost you $350.00 and that's not bad!!

I didn't buy the bike

But I met someone who replaced the exhaust packing in his muffler with toilet paper because he had no packing left and     Quote "It's practically the same stuff" Unquote

• Like 3

I was working on an old scooter recently that hadn't been run in years.   Good compression, spark, fuel etc.  Just wouldn't fire.  I finally found the mud dauber wasp nest in the muffler.  I couldn't even bang it loose or pound a screw driver through it.  I couldn't blow any air through it.  Had to cut the muffler open and clean it out.  Started first kick after that. 

• Like 1