Sign in to follow this  

California Stonyford is calling my name!

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,....................................... Sure, Sure, Sure! ;)

I'm thinking October or November.  The rain should have come by then to knock down some of this dust.  I'll have my son in tow & he'll be ready for some hills.  Red sticker, green sticker, plate, it doesn't matter.  Stonyford is an OHV, legal & ready for everyone. :devil:

I like to think I'm an intermediate rider, not fast but not too slow.  & Stony is so big, I'll want to eat lunch out on the hill.  60 miles max.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007%20carb%20revised%20riding%20seasons.pdf  You'll see "Davis Flat" is open year round.

Ski season will not yet be on.  I still have some time before it's snowed in.

Now if I only had a guide!?  Somebody to show me where the good stuff is & how to avoid the Valley of Doom! :banghead:  You know I don't want to get lost again!

When should we go?  Where should we meet?  What time to stage? Will there be pictures?  Movies? 

You know you'll want to show me around!  :thumbsup:

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

Getting lost is half the fun. I rode all over Stonyford all by myself in my 20's. That's how I learned the place.

My son's master cylinder rebuild kit came in the mail today.  $17 from Ebay.  He's gonna want the rear brake if we go down Shagnasty! The dealer wanted $60.  His rear axle NUT was wasted, they wanted $14.  I bought the KTM nut for $8 from the dealer.

Ridiculous! :eek:

My son's master cylinder rebuild kit came in the mail today.  $17 from Ebay.  He's gonna want the rear brake if we go down Shagnasty! The dealer wanted $60.  His rear axle NUT was wasted, they wanted $14.  I bought the KTM nut for $8 from the dealer.

Ridiculous! :eek:

Im not sure I'd trust you fixing my brakes after I saw your axle tightening abilities at Downieville :lol:

• Like 3

:thumbsup: It's HIS bike.  HE fixes it. He even bought the part.  I just saved him $43 :lol:

I could do it! http://youtu.be/09UlB17cgKw

I got another story for you.  I bought my brother-in-laws Toyota Celica for the outstanding parking tickets he had on it.  Over $300.  It had been sitting in his backyard for over 2 years.  The tailgate had been open and the spare tire wheel well had over 2" of water in it.  There were weeds growing 4' tall in the back of this car.  I got it started and had to drive to the tire shop right away!  The rubber came off all 4 tires and I was driving on the steel belts............................  I'd hit the brakes and just slide across the road.

I put 235,000 miles on that car & had it for 4 years.  My wife's father was trippin! :goofy:   When I donated it, you could see the road underneath your seat since the rust had eaten through all the floor boards.

:p

So we got a guide now.  The Hockster knows Stony like the back of his hand.  Hocky has saved my bacon more than once! :rolleyes:

Next is a time........................ When do you guys want to do this?

Edited by superslyko

BobTatTruckeeCAUSATe-510.jpg

I used to have 100's of photos, bunches of Stonyford pictures too, but I printed most to save in albums, then deleted most JPG copies, all gone now but for a precious few.