Stonyford is calling my name!

California

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,....................................... Sure, Sure, Sure! ;)

I'm thinking October or November.  The rain should have come by then to knock down some of this dust.  I'll have my son in tow & he'll be ready for some hills.  Red sticker, green sticker, plate, it doesn't matter.  Stonyford is an OHV, legal & ready for everyone. :devil:

I like to think I'm an intermediate rider, not fast but not too slow.  & Stony is so big, I'll want to eat lunch out on the hill.  60 miles max.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007%20carb%20revised%20riding%20seasons.pdf  You'll see "Davis Flat" is open year round.

Ski season will not yet be on.  I still have some time before it's snowed in.

Now if I only had a guide!?  Somebody to show me where the good stuff is & how to avoid the Valley of Doom! :banghead:  You know I don't want to get lost again!

When should we go?  Where should we meet?  What time to stage? Will there be pictures?  Movies? 

You know you'll want to show me around!  :thumbsup:

Edited by superslyko

Getting lost is half the fun. I rode all over Stonyford all by myself in my 20's. That's how I learned the place.

Late October at the earliest but the season starts

First rain

You only wanna go for 60 miles?!?

Slyco, come out to Nevada in Oct. for the Stoney prequel.

:snore:

You only wanna go for 60 miles?!?

Let's make it a century ride.

Let's make it a century ride.

I'm in

A%20cow%20with%20a%20view.jpg

I'm in

I'll keep you in the loop.....

My son's master cylinder rebuild kit came in the mail today.  $17 from Ebay.  He's gonna want the rear brake if we go down Shagnasty! The dealer wanted $60.  His rear axle NUT was wasted, they wanted $14.  I bought the KTM nut for $8 from the dealer.

Ridiculous! :eek:

My son's master cylinder rebuild kit came in the mail today.  $17 from Ebay.  He's gonna want the rear brake if we go down Shagnasty! The dealer wanted $60.  His rear axle NUT was wasted, they wanted $14.  I bought the KTM nut for $8 from the dealer.

Ridiculous! :eek:

Im not sure I'd trust you fixing my brakes after I saw your axle tightening abilities at Downieville :lol:

:thumbsup: It's HIS bike.  HE fixes it. He even bought the part.  I just saved him $43 :lol:

I could do it! http://youtu.be/09UlB17cgKw

I got another story for you.  I bought my brother-in-laws Toyota Celica for the outstanding parking tickets he had on it.  Over $300.  It had been sitting in his backyard for over 2 years.  The tailgate had been open and the spare tire wheel well had over 2" of water in it.  There were weeds growing 4' tall in the back of this car.  I got it started and had to drive to the tire shop right away!  The rubber came off all 4 tires and I was driving on the steel belts............................  I'd hit the brakes and just slide across the road.

I put 235,000 miles on that car & had it for 4 years.  My wife's father was trippin! :goofy:   When I donated it, you could see the road underneath your seat since the rust had eaten through all the floor boards.

:p

So we got a guide now.  The Hockster knows Stony like the back of his hand.  Hocky has saved my bacon more than once! :rolleyes:

Next is a time........................ When do you guys want to do this?

Edited by superslyko

After a rain!

After a rain!

I concur. :thumbsup:

BobTatTruckeeCAUSATe-510.jpg

I used to have 100's of photos, bunches of Stonyford pictures too, but I printed most to save in albums, then deleted most JPG copies, all gone now but for a precious few.

Found a hidden stash of pics.   Oh clear creek!

img0152.jpg

hijack

found+the+skipper+_3dcef2b6652c107191c1d

Edited by superslyko

don't have a cow on the side of the trail  :lol: