Sign in to follow this  

Does your outer fork tube bottom out on the inner tube?

On a 2006-2013 YZ125

My question is, when you have your catridge out and you let the outer tube slide all the way down, does your wiper seal touch the very bottom of the inner tube? specifically where it touches the "spindle" aka wheel mount?  Or is there a gap of say 1/4" or so.

thanks

On a 2006-2013 YZ125

My question is, when you have your catridge out and you let the outer tube slide all the way down, does your wiper seal touch the very bottom of the inner tube? specifically where it touches the "spindle" aka wheel mount?  Or is there a gap of say 1/4" or so.

thanks

Mine touches.

Shouldn't...I believe there should be a bumper that keeps the parts from "clanking" together.

When the cartrige is out, my dust seal will go down and bottom out on where the wheel axle goes through.  I sometimes do this to push the snap ring and dust seal back in while rebiulding the forks (very gently obviously and not to push the oil seal back in.).

When riding the bike, my dust seal comes down to within about an inch of the bottom.

Earlier ones don't and a lot of guys think they do.  Next time you non-believers have the springs out, compress them all the way and see where they end up.

When the cartrige is out, my dust seal will go down and bottom out on where the wheel axle goes through. I sometimes do this to push the snap ring and dust seal back in while rebiulding the forks (very gently obviously and not to push the oil seal back in.).

When riding the bike, my dust seal comes down to within about an inch of the bottom.

You're right, I was on crack...

I read through it too fast, my apologies.

Yes, it will touch, as there is nothing holding it back.

• Like 1