Time For a Switch

Skip to bottom if you don't feel like reading

I've been riding a KTM 200 EXC and I absolutely love the thing. Trail riding I feel almost unmatched bike wise, but the learning curve was awful. My first bike was a XR70 from about 6-9 years old, and after 10 i just stopped riding. For some reason, unknown to me, I picked it back up on my dads 200 EXC now at 19 I have been riding it non stop for about 6 months now. Literally, I probably ride 30 mins to 2 hours a day every day 7 days a week. About a week ago me and one of my riding buddies mistakenly went to a motocross track (he has a cr250). The television really does not show the monstrosity of those things. It was extremely intimidating, but probably one of the most fun times i have every had on a dirt bike. The only down side was the EXC was out of its element. The suspension was unbelievably soft, the handling went down the tubes, and it just did not feel right.

Now the question, knowing that i really want to ride motocross I feel if I kept at it I would need a motocross bike. I have ridden many other bikes since I have started riding again (CR250, YZ250, XC300, KDX200, XR250), but one that i really want to try the most and possibly own is a YZ125. That has been my Dream bike ever since I was 6. So do you think the 125 is a decent first motocross bike. From what i have read it is the ultimate learning tool for someone interested in motocross, so can you confirm this? Any input on the situation would be awesome.

,thanks

CLIFFS

• Want to ride motocross
  • Have allot of experience on KTM 200 EXC (Current Ride)
  • YZ 125 a good Learning Bike For Motocross?

Wheelie KTM EXC 2.png

Hell ya there fun on the track. I don't know about you but I love ringing the thing wide open and just hearing the sound. Just get the suspension set up for it.

Wait height and weight?

MB forgot that Part I am 5'9 165 pounds.But ohhh yeah that sound is intoxicating to say the least, been watching way to many 125 videos. So you're thinking a suspension change or just like a re-spring?

Go buy a ktm 150sx , nearly the power as s 250f , you wont regret it.

Not gona lie, HUGE ktm fan and a 150sx has certainly made its way into my mind. But the one turnoff is, can you race them in a class? I know its 250 vs 450 and 125 vs 250f.  So do they have their own category, like 150 vs 150 only. 

Not gona lie, HUGE ktm fan and a 150sx has certainly made its way into my mind. But the one turnoff is, can you race them in a class? I know its 250 vs 450 and 125 vs 250f.  So do they have their own category, like 150 vs 150 only. 

Most areas don`t care.