linkage question

Hey Numroe, I was expecting your answer. I had a chance to buy either an '11 or a '12 rocker with its pullrod. Since I wasn't sure the '12 would fit & didn't wait longer I bought the '11 going by troy's post. The '12 was only $10 more than the '11. The thing is I wanted to get the better of the two that would fit the bike so I don't know how much better the '12 would be over the'11 if any. I guess i can return it & get the '12 if is worth it?. What do you guys think?

No difference 11 to 12. In my experiments, I concluded that by the 10 model Kawi finally got it sorted out. It works real well. The optional longer tie-rod is just there in case some people want it. I'm a big fan of keeping my 450 setup low. Any more ground clearance than required just contributes to the top heavy feeling, which IMO reduces front tire line choice in corners.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys I received the alleged '11 linkage which the ebay description said "Bearings are in good condition" (see attached images). I contacted the seller "moto-recyclers" (adrenaline cycles ,tn) & they said they must gotten the wrong part out so for all I know I'm not sure if the linkage is from an '11 to begin with. I was going to replace the bearings anyway but wanted to test it at least for one time if the bearings were OK until the new bearings arrived. Anyways, I opened a case on ebay to have it returned. Does anyone know how to tell what year is it?

Roger

69f16bd0-2581-431b-8d81-8b32eac21ae1.jpg

130919_0009.jpg

130919_0008.jpg

130919_0004.jpg

130919_0003.jpg

130919_0001.jpg

Wow, I just viewed your pics on my computer. Those bearings look pretty bad. Last time I was using my phone. I should have zoomed in!

I bought all my linkages from that same seller. I always got lucky with the bearings. My 11 linkage was like new and still had that stock Kawi white gel grease in them.

I thought I had some photos up close of the 11 linkage parts, to check the markings. But no joy.