Sign in to follow this  

Spilled gas in crankcase

While filling my gas tank. I splashed some gas into the funnel that was sitting in my crankcase. I was topping the oil off. Letting the funnel drain! Doh... I'm not sure how much. A table spoon maybe . Shoud I be concerned?

I think he means he got a few ml in the case and is asking if it's ok to run. It will do no harm. My thinking is if a 2T piston and crank can run on 40:1 gas to oil, 100:1 oil to gas won't matter at all.

A tablespoons worth? I would not sweat it. A cup? Yeah, I'd drain the oil and refill with fresh

I just changed it. Not worth the aggravation. Thanks.

No you did NOT just do that!!!! ;)

I did. Rotella T is going in my bike tomorrow for the first time due to TT wisdom. I can no longer resist.

• Like 1

I did. Rotella T is going in my bike tomorrow for the first time due to TT wisdom. I can no longer resist.

Yeah I was part of that madness on that thread:). I've had great luck with it.

A highly respected and well used mechanic near me thats all hes ran in all his bikes for years. When someone brings their bike in for maintenance thats the oil that goes no matter how many strokes it is :p Never an oil related failure and the dude has nonstop business because hes GOOD :)

I had a failure with a fuel petcock once and ended up with a lot of gas in the engine. Drain refill no prob.

• Like 1

Did you use Rotella T?

And heeeerrrreeee we go........................ :foul:

the Gasoline is no match for Rotella T. Probably be faster now.

the Gasoline is no match for Rotella T. Probably be faster now.

dBNKQ.gif