how to shine plastics i messed up!

so i have brand new black side panels on my xr650r. there was some over spray paint on them from  a buddy not paying attention i couldn't use paint stripper since it would mess up the plastic so i figured gas would work it got it off but left the plastic looking flat black is there a way to get the shine back or am i screwed.

Mop & glow. Put the numbers on first. If that doesn't work, progressive sandpaper up to 2,000 then mop & glow. Works better than you would think. The more coats you put on, the better. I spaced coats out over a week with a 100% trashed black bike and it came out looking new. Rode it, washed it, still looks great. May have to retouch from time to time, but it's easy.

power buffer with rubbing compound followed by polish compound

Mop & glow. Put the numbers on first. If that doesn't work, progressive sandpaper up to 2,000 then mop & glow. Works better than you would think. The more coats you put on, the better. I spaced coats out over a week with a 100% trashed black bike and it came out looking new. Rode it, washed it, still looks great. May have to retouch from time to time, but it's easy.

do you just wipe it on or do a buffing type procedure

Easy, have your buddy buy you new plastic.

If you use paint thinner do large quick circles it will blend colors together i do it with sun faded plastics and it does wonders just don't stay in one spot to long

Mop and Glow is the trick.Makes my old scratched plastic shine.

Use some goof off, I used it once to get paint off my seat and it worked. If its safe on a seat im sure u will be fine on plastics

Turttle Wax Ice. Makes plastic shine!

Maxima SC1 spray on let sit and voila looks like new plastic...

Oh I also forgot about that plastic renew stuff, but I would only suggest if you know how to sand well if not your going to make it look worse. 

a heat gun or a torch. move quickly. itll melt a very very thin layer of the urathane compound in the plastics and it will get shiney again. you can also remove small scratches like this.

+1 on the heat gun... 

heat gun treatment and ALWAYS keep a can of sc1 on hand. boom done. 

Very good subject guys, I am following this one. I have some old bikes I want to clean up.

Thanks for this thread.  I bought some Mop & Glow today and it really did help my black plastics.  They're not good as new but at least half way back to decent.  I've tried Pledge and ArmorAll but they didn't help at all.