Sign in to follow this  

Is Anybody Going to the Quarry Cup in Trenton This Weekend?

Sep. 14-15 is the 40th Annual Quarry Cup hosted  by MATT Trials in Trenton, MO. It's only my second trials event ever, so excited! Is anybody else going?

it'd be a bit of drive for me, so I'll probably be a No-Show, hee hee....

But Good Luck to ya! Hope ya have fun, finish, & finish well., and learn some more about this stuf!!

Jimmie

• Like 1

Thanks Jimmie - it was a great weekend! As a newb, my goal was to finish all 27 sections, and I did it. With a little (lot of) help from friends. I just can't get over how supportive this trials community is. I came to my first event in June and didn't know a soul. These folks rallied around me and have helped me soooo much! Sting32 spent his whole morning riding with me giving me pointers and helping out. Then had to ride his own class in the afternoon. Amazing!

Then his dad gave me a personal Trials 101 lesson, which I really needed. Lots of bad habits from riding dirt bikes for so many years. I've been watching Ryan Young videos and practicing, but he was able to point out some things I didn't even know I was doing wrong. What a great community, including you folks on TT.

• Like 1

Thanks Jimmie - it was a great weekend! As a newb, my goal was to finish all 27 sections, and I did it. With a little (lot of) help from friends. I just can't get over how supportive this trials community is. I came to my first event in June and didn't know a soul. These folks rallied around me and have helped me soooo much! Sting32 spent his whole morning riding with me giving me pointers and helping out. Then had to ride his own class in the afternoon. Amazing!

{ Cool! Glad you met your goal! Cool of Sting to give ya some pointers as well!! He's been doing this for a few years, os I'd listen to  him..... And the Lord only knows how much help I've been the repient of, both here, and while I've been riding/practicing/competing.......}

Then his dad gave me a personal Trials 101 lesson, which I really needed. Lots of bad habits from riding dirt bikes for so many years. I've been watching Ryan Young videos and practicing, but he was able to point out some things I didn't even know I was doing wrong. What a great community, including you folks on TT.

{The trials folks that I've met, and the folks here, have all been really incredible, I feel! Probaly kinda like you, I have many habits from years of riding big bikes badly that I'm trying to unlearn & fix. It's amazing the things I do wrong, that other trials folks can see right away. .... }

Keep at it Hondagirl230! It's a blast learning this stuff, and hangin' wid dem Trials Folks!

Ohhh, BTW.... How did Sting and his dad finish in their classes?

Jimmie

I won saturday, my "nemesis" in the CRTC was up from Texas to beat me, I got lucky dropped only 2 points on saturday.  Sunday it started to rain about 15 minutes before AM riders meeting, never quit until my 3rd section 1st loop of afternoon...  By then all the sections started to be like riding in Frosting!  Literally!.  I was having a decent day, but it was adding up, I didn't want to dare crash, yet last lap had me crash at least 2 times.. I had over 33 points (cannot recall) 1st place scored like 27 or 25.  Luckily I had beat him by a bunch on saturday and I got the overall for the weekend, and I believe 2 1st place points for the regionals...

I didn't look too hard at scores, dad had 2 fives sat, so he was out of it on Sat, with 2 or 3 tied with cleans in his class, then next place had 1, and down the list, I think it was...

Sunday rain on his glasses & fogging, kind handicapps/ruins the ride, I went back to camp after mindind the 1st loop, I hunted for duct-tape we managed to not pack, to build a leak-proof visor, to no avail, after a 5 one of the judges wiped his glasses with no fog stuff, saved the rest of the day.  I think, although not happy with his results, He had good time (bad day of riding trials better than a great day at work we always say, even though he's retired, lol...)  waiting for a while see if they post results

Was a pleasure showing Hondagrl230 around, she is a trooper!  Dad was impressed with how she seems to learn fast from the time he worked with her sat night before they had to leave.  As far as saturday morning, I know she was tired after 1st loop, but we didn't have even 1 minute to spare after the next 2 loops.  I had to be firm, and keep pushing along to get done on the allotted time they had...  Now mind you, I did have the minute to remind her, as I knew she starting to look a little tired.  That "if she was too tired, That we ought to punch out of any section, or all of them, if there was any or part of any section that she felt that she could get her hurt when too tired and lose control" (you know that tired whiskey throttle thing that can sneak up on you, ruin the fun) but she paced herself and persevered!  

again I should have looked at the boards, I selfishly looked at MY results, that was all I did, and I hate looking during "my loops" because I would have only had 1 point sat, but I found out I had 2 up on my buddy from Texas, then next section dropped one, that was a "security dab" un needed at best!  Luckily all went well.