Sign in to follow this  

Any cny dual sport/enduro riders?

Riding alone is of coarse boring when you want to ride trails. Just wondering if there's anyone on thumpertalk from the Oneida Utica Syracuse area with an offroad bikes. I see a few people here and there on enduros but usually always driving when I see them lol

I work in SYR, live near cortland, the farther off-road and the gnarlier it is the better.

I will trailer about 100 mi each way for a day ride, what kind of riding do you have?

There is another fellow near here, if he's up for it I could trailer him up too.

I might have enough down this way for you to make a trip, if you can get it down here w/o wearing out your tires!

I am in Westmoreland and work in Utica... I ride where ever and when ever I can... Your more than welcome to contact me. 

Dave. 

djsxb9r AT me.com 

I'm back in the Syracuse area myself. Have a 4x8. I'm up for anything I am always riding alone as we'll.

psmura, what type of terrain do you like, what kind of bike?

I have a few 'standard loops' I hit, some cool stuff, ends up being a god bit of pavement connecting areas together.

Anything good in the syr area?

Ill ride with anyone anywhere. I don't know to many good sets of trails around here though mainly just lil bits of some here or there in anyone knows of anything really I'd be down to ride anywhere really. Obviously next year probably but we can always plan stuff out over the winter. I was gonna check out a set of trails a little up north I know they connect to a lot of truck trails though and probably a lot of dirt roads which aren't the most fun but always great scenery great talking wirh everyone!

Mike, the tug hill area (and areas south of it, redfield etc) are pretty good on truck trails, but a few years ago used to be much better.

Folks started gating a lot of fun stuff, roads they had a right to gate, and more than a few they had no right to.

I used to meet a group up there several times a year, they have pretty much all given up and now just ride dirt roads on larger adventure type bikes.

They were the group I could always count on for a few rides a year, the rides finished off with a buffalo burger, sweet potato fries and a couple brewskis. There was another group south of me that also seems to have dried up.

Next year I will not save my time for group rides, I'll get out whenever i can and maybe drag one or two folks with me. Maybe even this fall, tolerance to hunters permitting.

I've riddin the seasonal highways quite a bit and yes their definitely fun I'd be interested in riding. Always looking for more to ride though. I don't mind going for trip. I've been to the Adirondacks riding. Plan in checking out more uo their next summer

Albany area. Just picked up a DRZ. I,m new to this DS stuff but would like to ride if anyone is in the area.

Reboot this old thread! I have been riding supermoto the last 3 years. We did a lot of off road exploring on street wheel. This year a couple of us have bought dual sports. Looking for places and people to ride with. 

Reboot this old thread! I have been riding supermoto the last 3 years. We did a lot of off road exploring on street wheel. This year a couple of us have bought dual sports. Looking for places and people to ride with. 

XR650L_Dave and I are from the same area but there's not really anywhere that's legal to ride "off-road" on a regular basis, however there's plenty of seasonal roads to explore if that's your thing.

There are a couple good organized DS rides in NY that offer some fun trails. BearCreekSportsmen put on a good trail-ride that's family friendly on their property every year (good kuggamugga, usually early May) and they also do a great dual-sport event called Quarry Run (August). There's a fun "dual-sport" ride called the MonkeyButt 100 that is in September.

There's also some other sanctioned dual-sport rides that happen in PA- one I've been going to for the past few years is the Durty Dabbers ride in Lock Haven, PA. Awesome trails, great views. Soooo worth the drive down. Also, there's been some great rides put on in NJ as well (Hammer Run, MeteorMC used to do a DS although not sure if they still do or just the Sandy Lane Enduro).

If you don't mind trailering a few hours, you've got some great riding available to you.

I have a drz400 and am always lookin for other guys to ride with and places to ride. The wTerford pits are slwYs a good time. I never ride my drz there but I do ride my kx there. Place is wild. It's &%$#@!in big there. I always get lost haha.

I work in SYR, live near cortland, the farther off-road and the gnarlier it is the better.

I will trailer about 100 mi each way for a day ride, what kind of riding do you have?

There is another fellow near here, if he's up for it I could trailer him up too.

I might have enough down this way for you to make a trip, if you can get it down here w/o wearing out your tires!

You have good woods riding near Cortland?  I'm up in Fabius and can only ride by myself in the neighbor's woods...at least there's enough rough to make it fun...

You have good woods riding near Cortland?  I'm up in Fabius and can only ride by myself in the neighbor's woods...at least there's enough rough to make it fun...

I can string together a good days ride connecting a few areas with road.

But, I know some areas near you, I just don't ride there because it's hell on the tires and I don't have a place to park a trailer up that way.

But you are quite close...

I'm soo upset I missed that dirt dabbers ride, I ended up having to go out of state on storm with my job. I'm from North Western Pennsyvainia if you guys know any similar rides in somewhat close vicinity please let me know.

There's a nice sand pit up in Newport ny. Not far from Barneveld ny. Alot of riders up there so be careful. No one likes a head on Collison please people are drinking to. Fun times haha. Anyways the pit is call kronchies sand pit or some shit. it's state owned.

MonkeyButt 100 ride is Sept 13.

Some awesome legal riding on trails in NY.