Sign in to follow this  

How have you mounted BD's keyed ignition?

Doesn't BD sell a mount that goes on the triple clamps?

I was going to post, "Who has made a dash plate for their XR?"  Something to hold the speedo, ignition key and other items.

I don't have a machine shop for making a steel plate.  Aluminum is probably easier to drill and trim.

I will use the Horst Lietner CAD system (Cardboard Aided Design) to make the prototype.

Edited by Kev_XR

I bought a nice (alum) dash plate with keyed ignition and speedo mount on ebay a couple of years ago. $25 or so. Don't know if he's still on there, but nice product. 

I did't see anything on BD's website for mounting and nothing came with it.  Weird. 

Mine came with a little tab that mounted it to a bolt hole.  I put it right under a the odometer bracket, in one of its bolt holes.  Easy to reach, and never had a problem. 

Edited by n2omike

Mine came with a little tab that mounted it to a bolt hole.  I put it right under a the odometer bracket, in one of its bolt holes.  Easy to reach, and never had a problem. 

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything else with mine, just the wiring harness and key switch assembly.