Sign in to follow this  

your opinion on youth gear

hey guys trying to do my home work here and find some good deals. as i am buying motocross gear for 4 kids. they are all getting bikes for Christmas so i want to make sure they are protected.

1. is this package a good deal?

2. Do you think the chest protector is adequate for a 4-7 yr old boys?

3. Would yall spend the money for motocross boots for a 4 yr old who will be on a jr50 with training wheels or would just a pair of regular lace up boots be enough? They will not be racing

http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Fox_Racing_HC_Race_Jersey_180_Pant_Youth_p/02381-001_04356-001protect.htm

It looks like a good deal you'll want to get them gloves too and as long as they're just putting around lace up boots will be fine, but if they start to get even somewhat fast I would get them at least some cheap boots, lastly it's pretty cool that you're getting them into the sport like the saying goes a family that rides together stays together

I get all my kids gear except helmets at the used sporting goods store .never spent more than 75 bucks for everything

I get all my kids gear except helmets at the used sporting goods store .never spent more than 75 bucks for everything

Where is this store you speak of. I have searched and searched to find used gear with out much luck.

Thats a good deal

I've been buying motocross gear for my two boys now 12-14 since they were 3 & 5 usually every year they needed boots -pants-gloves

It gets expensive but i sell there used outgrown stuff usually for 2/3 the price i paid the following year

I couldn't live with myself if they suffered a sprain break or fracture because I didn't have the correct safety gear available for them

My boys have had more crashes falls fender benders hit & runs head ons on our own property than I care to remember, But they always carried on cause they were well protected

I try to buy one size bigger in boots or I couldn't go a year without one of them needing a bigger pair

Seems like a good deal. We pieced our gear together and it came out around that much...I think. Lace up boots for the little one is fine. We finally got our 6yr old some riding boots now that he's scooting along pretty good on his XR50. Ya know what....the kid loves wearing all his gear too!!!!! He was a "dirt bike guy" for halloween last year!

Where is this store you speak of. I have searched and searched to find used gear with out much luck.

In ventura California its called play it again sports

hey guys trying to do my home work here and find some good deals. as i am buying motocross gear for 4 kids. they are all getting bikes for Christmas so i want to make sure they are protected.

1. is this package a good deal?

2. Do you think the chest protector is adequate for a 4-7 yr old boys?

3. Would yall spend the money for motocross boots for a 4 yr old who will be on a jr50 with training wheels or would just a pair of regular lace up boots be enough? They will not be racing

http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Fox_Racing_HC_Race_Jersey_180_Pant_Youth_p/02381-001_04356-001protect.htm

For question number 2, I bought the Titan roost deflector in size M/L which says 6 to 9 year olds.  In my opinion it was too small for my 5 year old who was about 42" tall at the time.  It did fit OK but the length seems short, it barely covers the ribs and it is a soft type protector which concerned me.  I ditched it and got the more standard plastic type.  Even though they are "sized" for older kids, it fits him fine and probably will for another 5 years.  Just my opinion on that one.

And for question 1, yes I think that is a great deal on the package.  I've pieced gear together for my boys off of craigslist and spent more than that.

If you look on craigslist and ebay youth gear is cheap. But that package deal is a good deal as well and you dont have to do a ton of searching!! As far as boots for the 4 year old i would see about finding a used set. I would put a set on him/her as at that age they dont have a lot of strength and if there foot falls of the peg??? Ya they might not be going fast but even if they peeled so hide off you would feel terrible!! Spend the $30-$40 on a used set.