2011 Suzuki RMZ 450 suspension-Does it need linkage arms?

Looking for guys that have experience with the Suzuki RMZ 450 suspension. I've already posted in the Suzuki RMZ 450 forum and kind of g (kick upot mixed reviews. Does this bike really benefit from aftermarket linkage arms? RG3 makes a completely new linkage now I had one guy that loved it and another thought it was a waste of money, so I don't know which way to go.

My problems with my bike are that when I got on the motocross track down rough straights it felt wallowy and unsettled. When I hit some jumps I didn't know what the rear end was going to do(kick up or to the side), so I didn't try a lot of the big jumps because I just didn't have confidence that I wasn't going to land on my head! I've been playing with the clickers and it feels better, but not perfect! I went softer on compression and rebound on shock and softer on compression in forks!

Whats your weight? These 450s nowadays are setup for 200lb riders.  You might just need the proper springs.  You could get the linkage but it changes the ratio in the linkage itself and is very tricky to get right.  You would need to get stiffer springs if you go that route. If your like 160-180lbs it might be all what it needs but then you need to have proper fork springs.  Money is better spent on proper springs and learning the clickers and if the clickers are out of wack, time for a revalve.

43 yrs.old 200lbs. without gear 5'9" C-class motocrosser

Nobody? Where's the suspension guys?

I don't think you need a linkage

Just get rid of the stock piston and get her valved:)

Mike- I got some e-mails from some guys saying that they could work with the stock piston? Which surprised me after our RMZ 450 Forums talks.

Indeed. I would definitely research it. In my experience the link would not give you the traction the modified showa piston would....my 2¢;)

Looking for guys that have experience with the Suzuki RMZ 450 suspension. I've already posted in the Suzuki RMZ 450 forum and kind of g (kick upot mixed reviews. Does this bike really benefit from aftermarket linkage arms? RG3 makes a completely new linkage now I had one guy that loved it and another thought it was a waste of money, so I don't know which way to go.

My problems with my bike are that when I got on the motocross track down rough straights it felt wallowy and unsettled. When I hit some jumps I didn't know what the rear end was going to do(kick up or to the side), so I didn't try a lot of the big jumps because I just didn't have confidence that I wasn't going to land on my head! I've been playing with the clickers and it feels better, but not perfect! I went softer on compression and rebound on shock and softer on compression in forks!

I'll assume that the suspension is fresh with new or fairly new fluid.

Start with the clickers in the middle of the range, set the race sag to 100mm and put the forks at the standard height in the clamps. Get the suspension warmed up and note what the bike does.

If it corners ok but seems bouncy in the whoops adjust the shock rebound adjustement in 2-3 clicks until you notice a difference. If the rebound is getting close to all the way in put the adjuster back to middle of the range and reduce shock spring preload to give you 105mm and restart the testing.